Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 87 2.2 carbed duster that i rewired to eliminate the wiring i dont need. when i start the car the rpm's go to about 1200 then stumbles and dies. it wont run by itself. when i give it some throttle it hesitates and dies. i looked down the carb and noticed that there isnt any fuel spraying in the back hole but plenty in the front one. i am trying to get it running good with the 6520 carb b4 i buy a weber. any help will be apreciated

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
got a 87 2.2 carbed duster that i rewired to eliminate the wiring i dont need. when i start the car the rpm's go to about 1200 then stumbles and dies. it wont run by itself. when i give it some throttle it hesitates and dies. i looked down the carb and noticed that there isnt any fuel spraying in the back hole but plenty in the front one. i am trying to get it running good with the 6520 carb b4 i buy a weber. any help will be apreciated
that's part of the problem... those carbs will cause nothing but headaches especially when things have been hacked on

and you don't get fuel out of the 2ndary throttle main venturi unless that throttle plate is open.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The back hole is your Sec barrel no gas there unless you give enough throttle to open it.
A few things to check,Vav leaks....Check your Vac lines make sure none are cracked or loose. Your Dizzy is controlled by the comp which has a vac line to it(had a bad vac pot on a comp one time no ADV and had to keep my foot on the gas to keep it running). Also you might have a bad carb to manifold gasket and or spacer, They get hard and crack. See if your getting fuel, I know your getting enough to start BUT not to run, Check to see of your getting fuel after the filter ,if not check after the pump, if not check the tank screen. If your are getting fuel take the top off the carb and check your floats and jets. Lot of junk can get in there believe me. Hope this puts you on the right track.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok today i swapped to a 5520 carb and it seams to run better but still dies after awhile but if i close the choke plate with my hand it runs good any ideas ???

·
Registered
358 Posts
ok today i swapped to a 5520 carb and it seams to run better but still dies after awhile but if i close the choke plate with my hand it runs good any ideas ???
Sounds Like Vacuum check those lines.....All of them
And did you use a new gasket and insulator?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts