Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost 100 percent positive this has been asked before..

but I love the look of the "newer" daytona dash...(90-93) and I already know its swappable..although I've never seen it done......

What exactly needs to be done? I just want a newer dash if anyone has any suggestions....lets hear em

·
Registered
349 Posts
my suggestion is find a parts car
if you have to junkyard it, then grab everything, things you may not think you even need.
I am not sure exactly what you'll need not having done this myself but i would think you need most interior pieces. Dash, cluster, (which bring up the issue of wiring), kick panels, center council, steering column etc.
Big job! good luck if you attempt it

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've seen it done on a 86 and an 89. The dash sounds like is the easy part. But you have to swap the door panels to match up to the dash which has the door handles in a different location. Also have to swap the console to fit the newer dash that moves the e-brake. There is alot more to putting the dash in then just the dash. I would think a parts car would be the only way.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just looked at body styles....Like the 90 ...It's got the nice newer spaceship lookin dash...with the same body style as my 88 (well...similar) so I figured it might not too hard.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I just looked at body styles....Like the 90 ...It's got the nice newer spaceship lookin dash...with the same body style as my 88 (well...similar) so I figured it might not too hard.
I don't think that it is too hard. But it is not a bolt in proposition.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wiring wouldn't be that bad...cuz I want aftermarket gauges. But if there was a guide somewhere to show how to hook up earlier guages that'd be sick.

My main concern is AC/Heat Vents

·
Registered
72 Posts
If it where me I rather find a very good shell and transfer your engine over. Probably easier solution/swap. But that's just my 2c.

Ed C

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
true but I like the shape of the body I have...no rust for a 20 year old car is pretty damn good...just a little bit of clearcoat gone..but im sanding it all off...I might just do custom gauges and say screw it. . . Anyone here have all custom gauges? I'd like to see a setup or two.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
true but I like the shape of the body I have...no rust for a 20 year old car is pretty damn good...just a little bit of clearcoat gone..but im sanding it all off...I might just do custom gauges and say screw it. . . Anyone here have all custom gauges? I'd like to see a setup or two.
I have retrofitted a later-model 140 speedo into an older guage cluster. Easy swap.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i thought about attempting this too.. but with a digital cluster.. i'm pretty sure the doors are different as well, so i kinda talked my self out of it, because it would mean repeated trips to the yard, and more $ for them.. now, if i had a parts car at my disposal, different story!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Funny, I'm working on a 92 Daytona and want to go the other way. Want the older dash. To me the newer dash just looks so plain, boring, cheap and minivan-ish. I like the feel of the interior of my 87 daytona soooo much more.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I can get what I'll need at the junkyard for cheaper than shipping will be. But if you want my dash when I'm done, I'll sell it to you for dirt cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts