Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is for sale locally 2.5 5 speed, probably the high torque model.
The seller claims that it is rare, but it is not the iroc rt model.

Any comment ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
that will be the high torque model, and yes they are very rare, especially in europe, how many euros do they want for it

i would pick it up, if it runs and drives great

looks to be in great condition, the interior has some cracking but thats normal on leather that old, looks pretty darn good even though it looks as though it has sat for years

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i would buy and have it imported back to the US but dont have the cash

i do like the mix of red/black interior a lot better than a all red interior, even though thats what my turismo has inside LOL

·
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine doesn't run due to an electrical problem, that is what the seller said
2000 euros is the asking price, but I think it is too expensive and the final price may be lower.

Why is this model rare, is it the number of daytonas sold in 92 or the engine ?
The 16v might be even harder to find.

There isn't an intercooler.
What differ between the 2.5turbo 1 and the high torque turbo 1, is it only the ECU (and so the psi) ?
Does the trans differ ?

The seller said taht it has 4 discs and the ABS.

In europe they are hundred of le baron for sale, some saratoga and a few shadows and daytona.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Only 230 of the 2.5 TIs in 92. This is a very rare car.

That color interior was always awesome to me too.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
its the computer that makes it different more boost and higher torque

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
2000 euros is about $2500-2600 and not bad for a car that hard to find in america let alone europe

i would say theres about 100 High Torque daytona in europe and dont even know how many are left

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Only 230 of the 2.5 TIs in 92. This is a very rare car.

That color interior was always awesome to me too.
very euro sports car like

·
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

In Europe, every american car are sold at high prices, even if they are destroyed, even with no title, especially if there is a V8 inside or if it is a mustang.

If it is very rare I'm going to look at it and try to know why it doesn't run.

The paint is bad but every chrysler I have seen have bad painting.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Oh that is nice, assuming it still has floors. 2000 is way too much for a car that doesn't run. I would drop 1000 on it in a heartbeat (assuming it has floors), if you have the money you should really jump on it if you want it (for no more than 1000). My '92 runs quite a bit better than my '91, the high torque version is noticeable and the color combination is sweet, plus it has the euro side mirrors. Yeah it's not an R/T, but still a rare beast - I really wish I knew how much shipping would be. Louis - it's a cool car, opportunity is knocking at your door.

Looks like full power options, including seats, dude, you're killing me.

Rear wiper too........car looks loaded.

·
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Richard

I have the money, but I have too choose between this car and another 2.5 turbo auto shadow with only 45000km and first owner

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
IMO, it would be based on what your needs are, I would keep this Daytona as close to original as possible, that's what would keep it's value. As for the Shadow, IIRC you wanted it mainly for the transmission, old transmissions can be rebuilt, nothing special there, but this Daytona is what I would call special. Consider what you "need" the Shadow for, and think if there is another way to satisfy that need cheaper,.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i would buy the daytona as they are rarer in europe than the shadows, the daytona will put out some impressive power and it wont disappoint

·
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can buy parts from US even if it cost me 2x or 3x the US price with the shipping cost and taxes BUT big parts like trans, windows, ... can't be boought and even find here.
That was the reason why I wanted another shadow.

But you have convinced me, I'm going to see it.
Now it is quite late for me, I'm going to sleep.

But before dreaming of mopar cars I would like to thanks all of you for your help and comments, it is like I was close to you.

Louis

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
send a PM to lotashelbys and ask him a few Q's about it - definately include a link in the pm

IF I remember right I think I read here someplace there's 8 cars in the US with that red & black interior

but , sitting on the grass like it is I'd bet the underside of the car is rusted badly
- grass tends to do that to cars

before you give any real consideration to it , jack it up and give the floors and rocker panels a really good look over

and yes , on top of the interior being rare so it the rest of the car

if it's rotted I offer about 1/4 of his asking price just to take it home for the parts to go into a better shell

1 - 20 of 77 Posts