Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Daytona Dash 90 vs 91

969 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Realest 
#1 ·
the car i am building is a 90 with grey interior. my parts car is a 91 with black interior. i want to know if anyone has experience interchanging these two dashes. I'd like to get the set up of the 91, with the two storage compartments into my grey 90 dash which doesn't have these storage areas. These storage areas are idea for placement of a couple extra gauges. I don't have the 90 (grey dash)at my house currently so i can't measure it. Does anyone know off hand if i can makes this work or will i end up have to use the black dash if i want the storage compartments?

i already know that if i can take the inner skeleton of the radio/heater area of the 91 and transplant it into the grey 90 dash that i'll need the center console and vent/trim piece.

maybe someone could measure their 90 dash for me...........from the top of the vents to the bottom where the carpet butts up to the dash (if that makes sense)

ryan

#2 ·
All you need to do is switch the center console and radio suround. The cubbies are there in your '90 dash, but the center console is higher, taking up the bottom cubbies. You will also need the cubbies if you chose to use them, they just unscrew.

If you change the center console, you also have to change the entire metal bracket that the console mounts to. The shifter actually sits on a peice of metal that raises it up so it is the propper height for the '90 console.

You will also need the carpets as they will be different.

The shifter, handbrake, and wiring are all the same.

DO NOT throw that '90 console or any of its associated parts away especially if it's a 5-speed! Contact me if you don't want it!

#4 ·
How would a '90 center shifting console mate up with a 1991 dash?

I want to do swap. My keeper is a '90 and my parts car is a '91 (both daytona's).

If I just drop in the '91 dash do I also need to use the radio support bracket (or whatever it's called... the metal bracket behind the plastic) because I noticed the same thing as you guys, that the '91 mates to the center console lower than the '90 does...

#5 ·
the dash is not required to be swapped at all. The 90 console does sit up higher and covers up the storage cubbies. the only pieces require to swap are the center console (metal anchor bracket also), center console carpets, cubby boxes and vent trim.

i just switched my 90 to a 91 center to get the storage cubbies. No complications

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.