Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fork that applies the e brakes on my 1990 daytona is bend and weakened. I have disc brakes on all four sides, E brake is shoes inside the rotor. Anyway, I have tried getting them from aftermarket parts store but no success. Does anyone know where i can buy them? If not i thought about attempting to fabricate something myself, but haven't even look hard enough at them to know if i can makes something.

Ryan

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Dealer should have it, but they force you to upgrade to a new setup fork with spline sprocket (IIRC the new one was shorter than the original), When I called them they wanted something like 300+ for the 3 pieces, it was crazy! Mine fell apart and got grinded into the inside rotor though.

I'd like to also know if there is a cheaper route, hard to find 4wheel vented disc setups around.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
did you read my post? assuming you need 11" vented rear setup, and probly others with the shoe parking brake

I had a guy at napa look for me, then we ended up with the neon one(same numbers for the parts, just didnt come up in the computer), on the hardware kit 2 springs were a little stout so i reused the old ones but they would work. Its like $10 a side for the neon rear hardware kit last I knew

Edit: its $13 for the kit per side or $8 for the adjuster(click on the part and it has pics)
NAPA® Online

If your looking for another part, be more specific as to what you need, as the cable applies the shoes not the fork

· Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes its is the fork that i am looking for
it's been a while since i was played with the e-brakes so i don't remember exactly what the set up looks like just know that the fork is bent on me. I've tried to straighten it but its lost any strength and just bends again.

thanks its good to know that i can get a neon kit to work
i'll give that a try

· Registered
84 Posts
this is a nice thread and alot of great information, but i have but one more question where would one go about finding the shoes for an 89 shelby daytona, went to the dealer and it was not anything that they could get, and i cannot find an aftermarket carrier for them either, would the ones off the 1st gen neons work for the shoes for my parking break or what i have been looking for the shoes for a long time cause i have no parking brake at the moment

· Registered
84 Posts
never thought of napa cause they never have anything here where i live, i guess i wrote them off a little too soon, thanks for the reply, now that i am looking they have all kinds of little goodies in their online catalog

· Administrator
26,455 Posts
I always check online before calling or going to the stores.
Some items are special order and it is just easier to order online and pay a small shipping charge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.