Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in march i lost the drivers door to my race car in a major fire that took my auto repair shop to the ground. The drivers door was hanging in the race room, thank god the car was not. I had the original door handles in the fiberglass doors, i'm having so much trouble finding a factory outside door handle.i would take anything for the drivers door.
The car is a 93 iroc-z shelby daytona,if anyone has anything please call or e-mail
(337)652-5875
[email protected]
help a daytona survive
thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,642 Posts
well you do need a daytona door handle the others that may look the same ARE DIFFERENT in their mechanics as the arms inside the handles are cast differently

the inside part of a j body lebaron handle hits the door skin in mid travel when put in a daytona door

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
well you do need a daytona door handle the others that may look the same ARE DIFFERENT in their mechanics as the arms inside the handles are cast differently

the inside part of a j body lebaron handle hits the door skin in mid travel when put in a daytona door
As far as I know, the doors are the same from '84-93, but we need to confirm that. If so, I have a few spare driver and passenger doors, that I can take the handles from.

You may want to get handles from both sides, because of the key tumblers being different during the later years, but that's all I can think of, that would be different.

·
Super Moderator
11,642 Posts
84-6 handles ARE slightly different from the 87^

first the ends of the lift handle are finished nicer as opposed to the sharp edge of the 87^

also the earlier handle sound like they are a different alloy as they have a much heavier clunk sound when you let go as opposed to the 87^ which has a clink sound in comparison

daytona handles will interchange and the lock cylinders are EASILY swapped handle to handle

the lighted locks of the 4-6 are fixable - the 87^ lighted locks are not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts