Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im planning on starting work on my 91 shelby this winter, and one of the big things i need to fix is the pass side rear quarter has some good damage to it....but my 88 pacifica has a good panel there. my question is does anyone know if they are the exact same....the pacifica has lower rear gfx covering the lower part of the panel and a trim strip so i cant really tell, but they seem to have the same lines...

forgot another question. the big rear window seal..what do you do when they start to pull out of a corner (replace it duh)...but is there a way to get it to go back in, and if not, are they even avail?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
As stated the 1/4's should be fine. It's a LOT of work to get a whole one off in tact. I know...I did it.

As for the rear window seal...ugghh. It is actually installed when the window is and is glued in from the factory with the window sealant. It is VERY hard to get the complete trim peice out of the groove. The *propper* way to do it is to pull the rear window and install the new trim when selaing the window back down. The way I think I'm going to attempt it is to cut off the bottom portion of the tri and glue it in...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah im not planning on taking the whole quarter off, just cut out the rear half of the panel with the cutoff and tack it in.

as for the rear window, i was thinking about heating it with a heat gun to get it a bit softer cause i know it was more pliable this summer in the sun, and use some window weld and clamping it back in, if that didnt work i was thinking about taking it or a portion of it out of my other daytona and "patching" it so to speak....

·
Registered
448 Posts
as the seasl get older, they dry up and shrink, i think trying to splice in a section will make the problem worse and potentiall cuase leaks. go with your 1st plan of heat and windowweld

1 - 5 of 5 Posts