Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- I've a '92 Daytona IROC R/T with the sunroof option. The problem with this one is that the rubber seal that goes around the glass itself (not the soft seal that goes around the interior roof hole) is dried and cracked pretty badly. It's not a leakage problem as the inner seal is good and the sunroof drains are OK, but it does look pretty bad. When I've tried to find another seal or even the whole glass panel, the seals on those are often as bad as what I've got now. Does anyone know of a source for replacement seals (or even the whole sunroof glass)? Failing that, has anyone had any luck repairing/restoring this seal and, if so, can you explain the process? Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
12,204 Posts
If it's the same glass as say , an 87-87 factory sun roof I have 2 sun roof glass panels . They haven't been outside in a dozzen years I think they are still good.

if you want I can check em.

I did manage to get a t-top panel from here to alberta , intact , but I have to charge for packing it as foan insulation costs $

check my add for parts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's the same glass as say , an 87-87 factory sun roof I have 2 sun roof glass panels . They haven't been outside in a dozzen years I think they are still good.

if you want I can check em.

I did manage to get a t-top panel from here to alberta , intact , but I have to charge for packing it as foan insulation costs $

check my add for parts
I think they're the same type, but I wouldn't swear to it. My has the manual knob at the back of the roof with two little buttons that can be pinched in order to remove the panel completely. If it's the same, I'm interested if there are no cracks. How much would you want for one shipped to 69358? I do have to exercise caution as my wife is already somewhat peeved at the money dropped into this guy-- and I haven't painted it yet!

G

·
All factory Daytona sunroofs are the same from 84-93. I have been looking for ones with nice weather stripping around them as well. I would love to find a NOS unit but I doubt that will ever happen. You will just have to keep looking for a good used stock one...

·
Banned
3 Posts
I've never put any effort into replacing them as I don't have any sunroof cars but order up a free jfk Whitney catalog and check them out, they have numerous different styles of weather stripping and seals, some direct fit and universal styles.

You might find something that looks close enough and works great!

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
omnipotentparts.com has the sunroof seals for the G-bodies for the body and the glass:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts