Turbo Dodge Forums banner

daytona turn light problem relay or not relay

4K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  0101charlim 
#1 ·
i have problem with my turn light
hazard light are working fine but turn light do not work I change the fuse but it is still not working
on the book of tghe daytona i can find any details regarding if there is a relay or not to find where come from my problem

#5 ·
The components of the T/S system are...
4 Separate Relays for each corner of the car, the T/S Flasher and the Turn Signal Switch whose circuit runs through the Headlamp Switch.
(The two switches are a major failure item due to circuit board issues from constant expansion/contraction)
None of these parts are available in the Aftermarket.

The Flasher is located behind the Knee Bolster Panel by the steering column.
The 4 relays are located in the Relay Bank behind the Fuse Panel.

The Flasher is Yellow and the Mopar # is...4373429
The T/S switch can be tested with an Ohmmeter but you need to check the switch itself and then the output where it is connected to the headlamp switch, there could be a problem with either one.
I had a faulty ground circuit on the headlamp switch circuit board and had to solder a wire from one end to the other to bypass the circuit on the board.

The entire T/S circuit for 90-93 Daytona and 90-95 Lebaron is a big PITA, only diagnostics are going to tell you where the problem lies.

If you require more assistance let me know.

Text Design Line art Diagram Font

Text Font Line Paper Parallel

Text Floor plan Technical drawing Line Font

Text Font Parallel

Green Electronics Technology Electronic device Machine

Electronics Technology Electronic engineering Electronic device Electronic component

Technology

Text Font

#7 ·
I have thought about this system numerous times as to what I would do if I could not repair the T/S switch should it fail again and never came up with a rational solution, the T/S circuit in these cars is a mess.

IMO you first need to determine where your problem lies before you start trying to modify the circuit otherwise you could make the problem worse.

Go to the Combo Flasher underdash and determine what is missing, power/ground, and go from there.

Without being under the dash of my car with a test light or multi-meter to verify I am reading the wiring correctly the best I can tell from the wiring diagram is...

COMBO FLASHER
1)DB/PK is Power In from the Hazard/Cancellation Switch
2)PK/WT and RD/LG are Power Out to the Four Directional Relays
3)BK is Ground

You will have to verify this is correct, you will have one power in, two power out and a ground.

PM sent with the wiring I am looking at.

#8 ·
i will have to wait 15 days my car is parked in my parents garage. in paris car are headhake to drive.
but regarding the part 4373429 if i understand i need 4.
i am thinking also to buy a 88 or 89 2.2 and grab pieces from this car like this i will have body part in case of.
my car works grate it is still fully stock except wheels.
and i am thinking to bring it to greenhell nurburgring in germany to see what she get under the hood really.
i run a vnt and it is a blast like a toy

#9 ·
Part # 4373429 is the Combination Flasher and there is only One, there are Four Relays and they are located in the relay bank behind the fuse block, the relays are Not your issue.

Here are pics of the Combination Flasher, it is located by the Steering Column behind the knee bolster.

Auto part

Yellow Text Font Technology Electronic device

Yellow Electronic device Rectangle

Technology Electronic device Electronics

#10 ·
Part # 4373429 is the Combination Flasher and there is only One, there are Four Relays and they are located in the relay bank behind the fuse block, the relays are Not your issue.

Here are pics of the Combination Flasher, it is located by the Steering Column behind the knee bolster.

View attachment 254239

View attachment 254241

View attachment 254243

View attachment 254245
hi naj sorry for late reply but i solved my problem for short time with the fuse with bad connexion. but i will have to go to the relay box now. but to do it simple i bought the 1990 electrical book for the ag body but any oictures where are located those 4 relay on the board. and to do it easier on the 7 or 8 relay box all are black the 4 relay for tuen signal are in the middle of the board?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.