Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are symptoms of a bad MAP sensor on a TBI car?

the fsm doesn't go into any diagnostics on how to test the MAP.

it had idle issues recently and it's cleared up when the egr stuck open.

anyway it'll idle for days until you start getting onto the throttle. when in gear and cruising, if i hit the throttle the car will jerk, buck back and forth. in an attempt to settle the motor i hit the clutch and let off the gas to neutralize everything and let it coast. when i do this the car stalls out. when it had its idle issues it's actually never stalled out.

it'll start right back up again though and idle fine.

this only happens when it's under load.

what da problem is?:confused:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no codes

i drove it around just now and it seems to stall out when i hit the clutch in. has the iac gone bad?

i don't want to blindly throw parts at the thing unless i know for certain what da problem is.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the fsm shows i need to reference the Powertrain Diagnostics Procedures manual to diagnose a bad map. what the crap is that?

is that not in the fsm or is it an another manual?

it does have an atx computer in it.

·
Banned
3 Posts
well as you probably know having a auto ecu in a 5 spd car will cause it to almost stall out when you put the clutch in, add a bad map or other sensor and it should stall out.
fsm has 3 books usually, they are probably refering to the powertrain book, NAJ might be able to help you out with a scan of the diagnostic tree (check volts here if none check ohms here, etc, it will factor out possible causes until you get to the actual problem)

you have been on the board long enough, you should have spare parts laying around, lol.:bash:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought a reproduction of the 94 fsm and from what i know there should only be that copy, unless there's a separate diagnostic manual i didn't know about. i know some of the older manuals have 3 or so different parts.

i'm gonna have to rule out the atx computer because it ran fine ever since i converted the car from an atx to a manual; that was a couple years ago too.

i don't really have many spare parts laying around for a NA motor though. mostly turbo parts.:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts