Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the Electrical forum before, but it wasn't critical then -- it is now!

I just got finished replacing the turn indicator cam on my GLHS and now have no blinkers at all. After monkeying around with it for a while, I noticed two strips of what appears to be spring steel (1/4" x 1-1/2" approximatly) on the floorboard under the steering column. Both appeared to be a little greasy, as was the screw that held the unit in place (and held the turn indicator arm on).

Anybody have any suggestions? I (obviously) don't want to drive without blinkers!

UPDATE: My battery (six months old) went dead within 48 hours - did I set up a short in my ignorance? To complicate matters, I also installed a new stereo at the same time (a refurb'd Chrysler product, bought on eBay) at the same time. I'm going to remove the stereo, charge the battery and see if the problem's in the stereo.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
702 Posts
So, your blinkers don't work at all?
If that's the case, the spring steel that dropped must have something to do with it. I have a 91+ column so the turn indicator cam is different, so I can't tell you exactly where the 2 strips would go.

How long has your battery been going dead? Has it been a problem before you installed the stereo or had blinker problems? When you disconnect the battery, and reconnect it (with ignition off/doors closed) do you get a nice little spark? You really shouldn't be if you are. If not... maybe the battery you got was a dud?

- Jim

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Jim --

The battery is only about six months old; had to replace the old one (which had gone stone cold dead due to the car sitting.) I think you're right about the spring steel being part of the assembly - I just can't figure out how in the heck they fit in there!

Hopefully, some more "savvy" folks can post other suggestions? Please?

Woody

1 - 4 of 4 Posts