Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh while at the track i noticed i was gettin alot of wheel hop and motor shake. i get home and let the car sit for a week or so and then i decided to go check it out. first thing i was wanting to check was my motor mounts and sure enough the top one the rubber is completely destroyed and the mount itself is barely hanging and the lover one is cracked in the rubber part as well. my question is.... is there a problem with the original parts and i should go to solid mounts or they where just old and it was their time to go and original replacements will be fine?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops i forgot this is a 04 pt cruiser gt 5speed and the guy at the auto part store says the mounts are different from automatic pts and stick... is this true? if so i cant find any replacement

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Be aware, back in the day the SRT guys claimed the solid motor mounts caused too much vibration and actually
the knock sensor picked it up and caused "fake knock", retarding the timing.

I added the inserts to my SRT-4 and have used them since it was new, obviously you would need to buy
replacement mounts since yours is destroyed

How many miles are on the PT?
Also I would suspect your A arm bushings are shot, they have been found to be the bigger issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts