Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

ive been trying to find out what did they do to get the extra 2hp
not that its that much difference but im putting a 1989 2.5 to replace my engine which has a cracked head and transmission is whinning so im doing a complete tranny and engine swap

just want to change whatever they changed lol... airbox maybe?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The airbox is different in 90, but it has been proven that the 89 style box flows better. The biggest change from 89 to 90 was in the computer. The fuel injection went from being batch fired to a true multi port injection set up. The fuel rail is different because of that fact. The 90 fuel rail does not have a dampener on the end like the 89 rail does.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The airbox is different in 90, but it has been proven that the 89 style box flows better. The biggest change from 89 to 90 was in the computer. The fuel injection went from being batch fired to a true multi port injection set up. The fuel rail is different because of that fact. The 90 fuel rail does not have a dampener on the end like the 89 rail does.
So would switching to a 90 computer and fuel rail be beneficial? Would it bolt right up?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
It wouldn't be very beneficial. The wiring is quite a bit different and not really worth the effort. You wouldn't need to change the rail, Im pretty sure the only reason chrysler did was to save money on dampner.

·
Banned
443 Posts
Hmm, you said turbo in the title and it also says turbo in your profile. And by the sounds of it your car is bone stock which would be turbocharged not supercharged.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah have lots of dodge/chryslers
my latest project is a rampage im doing the engine up
took a block out of a 89 daytona es that i scrapped(C casting) and been working on that right now

also bought 2 lebaron convertibles and 1 daytona CS just to scrap lol
took the heads off hoping to find one that was worth porting

my engine parts are mostly forged ... i am looking for another set of forged pistons for my rampage but in no hurry... as its winter here right now and i have until summer to get her done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts