Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some help,
I have an 89 daytona with a digi dash that has gone out twice and would like to switch to an analog setup. A few threads I have read say that I can swap them easily if I just wire in the analog wires to the same colors on my digi wires connected to the dash. Just wondering if this actually works.
Any info would be real helpful.

·
Administrator
25,735 Posts
If you do not hear anything from somebody that has done this I will check the wiring for you this evening.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the wiring diagram thats more than anyone has helped me with this question for a while. So I had an electrician look at the diagram and he was a bit worried about the difficulty of doing something like this. What do you think, do you know anyone who has done it or how complex it would get. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I did this on my 87 Pacifica Did the same thing used the diagrams to figure it out. I ended up not using all the wires from the digital for the analog. It took a couple hours and I went wire by wire but it works. Do you have the pigtails for the analog cluster?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have another 89 daytona with an analog dash that I was gunna strip the harnesses out of. I think there is a cable on that analog dash, is that the speedo or just the odometer?

·
Administrator
25,735 Posts
Somebody will correct me if I am incorrect but I thought 89 was an electrical speedo.
From what I have seen/read on the site they stopped using cables in 87/88?

·
Registered
522 Posts
89 digital/analog cluster is the exact same plug & setup... just unplug & swap.
there is no cable only 2 color coded plugs... they have a Short wire length so getting your hands in there to unplug it could prove difficult.

also i'd be interested in buying the digital one from you if the mileage on it is not outrageous.

FYI: the digital cluster has a switch on back "us-import" which when set to US the speedo stops at 85. when set to import will read up to 199 i believe.

by the way does anyone know how to reset or adjust the odo. readings to make a used cluster match your actual miles?

from what i'm told the only way is to purchase from a dealer & have them set it b4 shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts