Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try as I may I can not find this little US/Export switch on the back of the dash that will let the speed go past 88MPH. If you know exactly where it is or can take a picture of it that would be great. Was it only certian years? Item is an 89 Daytona Shelby. Thanks.

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
are you sure it's limited? My 87 new yorker reads higher than 85. but i have an 86 dash too and it has the switch in clear view when you look at the back of it.

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,518 Posts
I can't help on the newer clusters, but mine is in the back inside a small hole and labelled export/US. The speedometer goes to 99, then 00,01,02 etc. My son informed me of this after somebody tried to cut him off at the Springfield VA interchange. He had this happen one weekend in my minivan, and decided it wasn't going to happen. He said it got to 15 as he blew by them and cut over. Apparently the true export clusters have a different front circuit board.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My thought is that is that it should go to 299mph becuase it reads that high in kph too...
it does go to 299 mph .
kph i didnt pay attention
the car that happen to had the sds wires to close to starter batt cable and was picking up a false siginal giving a 199mph at 40mph display

1 - 10 of 10 Posts