Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i figured an old k car would have wiring problems, but would something like this be caused by wiring or a faulty sensor?

The dash works great otherwise, the speedo just reads zero no matter what.

if this is considered double posting, please delete the post that is in the incorrect area, i wasnt sure.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
there is a white w/ orange stripe wire coming from the dash that is the spedo wire, it needs to go to the SDS(speed distance sensor) located where the passenger axle goes in the trans. There are a couple different ones, some have the correct color wire to match up. If not and it has 2 wires, then 1 is ground and the other goes to the dash so switch them around to test. You can also try making a new ground because whichever one is ground may have just come loose.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the girl said it was an interm. problem that got worse... plus theres a scraping noise coming from the passenger wheel area when cornering. so maybe theres carnage... i havent really looked. i'll check it out and hope for the best!

thanks though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The speed sensors do fail. They are not fun to get to. As for carnage, the speedo gear is plastic. I've never seen one get chewed up, but I ain't seen it all yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts