Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
What holds it into the block? I can't get mine out
if i remember correctly the tube presses into the block and removing it is no easy task!!LOL but there might be a single bolt look at the tube and see if there is a small bracket welded to the tube. if there isn't then it is just a simple press in. everyone i have removed i destroyed because they were presses in so tight!

·
Administrator
4,017 Posts
The dipstick is just slid in the block, most also have a bracket where it's held on by a nut off of the thermostat housing, but that's obvious.

Some pull right out, others not so much, the sure fire way to get it out is to drop the oil pan and knock it out with a punch from the inside. But if you really don't want to do the work and have so time clean it up around the hole in the block and soak with WD-40 and keep trying every couple of hours.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i remember correctly the tube presses into the block and removing it is no easy task!!LOL but there might be a single bolt look at the tube and see if there is a small bracket welded to the tube. if there isn't then it is just a simple press in. everyone i have removed i destroyed because they were presses in so tight!
it cant. there is a bracket welded on to the tube that would stop it from passing thru the hole.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A lot of them pull right out with just a touch of a twist. Go to the junk yard and practice on a couple of cars first. You'll likely get the technique before the 3rd car.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just knocked one out of my block, used a 1/4" drive socket that fit just inside the hole that the tube is pressed into. Once it was broken loose with that, I tapped it the rest of the way out with the edge of a flat-blade screwdriver and a soft faced hammer.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The one on my car is a loose enough fit that I can slightly wiggle and spin the tube around to remove it. Most others I've found are either the same way or they are extremely rusted into place and no amount of anything will get it to remove cleanly, its going to snap off. Mopar still has a few of the
87+ dipstick tubes available for purchase last time I got one. Not too bad on the price either. Was just under or just over $20 out the door all said and done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts