Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been staring at this adapter from UCKU manufacturing , to bolt a dodge disty to the cylinder head of a 2.0/2.4 head, and i got to thinking about some people i know in the machining world , anyways I gave the part to a good friend (my neighbor) and he's going to run it but his protyping Dept. on monday, I'll know more then,

But on to my real question , IS This a part we as a community do not have enough of ? he's going to get me a quote on 10 adapters (adapter for cam and head) ASAIK I'm gonna post it here.

Maybe we can get a group buy together !

·
Registered
252 Posts
well the problem with what can be found right now is the expense of it. you might try talking to one of the td venders too thought. it mightbe something they would be interested in buying. but another proplem is that it needs to be marketed to people who are going to do the hybird or 2.4 swap. not ones who already have. i know on my setup that just wouldnt work cause of my water neck and ic pipe.

though i'm not going to lie. i wanted to put my dist on the side of the head. and the main reason why is cause it would lokk different from 95% of everyone elses hybrid. i just didnt cause even in the planing stages i know what was out there cost way too much.

but i do hope that you get the intrest you need. and i am sure that if its at a reasonable price you'll get some intrest!!! good luck! and thanks for trying to make parts for us td guys cheaper! haha!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
truth be told I only want another 1 (one) adapter , the other 9 i would sell @ cost !!

besides i won't know till monday if it's even feasable.

but interest is always good.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I should mention that I have a machinst looking into making the same thing for me. If he starts his work before I commit to this order, I will stay with him. Its only fair.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I am looking for one aswell so please make it before I have to make my own...

Also make sure that you use some sort of seal on it. This is goes directly into the head so it needs to seal so that you don't have an oily tranny.

The oring is MUCH more likely to leak when the distributor is sideways than it is in the stock location! I guess everyone is having ok luck with an oring as the seal but it seems like we might want something better than that if given the option...

-Rich

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jrbexhaust said:
I should mention that I have a machinst looking into making the same thing for me. If he starts his work before I commit to this order, I will stay with him. Its only fair.
it's cool, i'm in a no-rush situation, if ya can get one sooner DO IT !

it's my neighbor , I did an Intake gasket on his 120k lumina for CHEAP , he owe's me at least the prototyping fee ! but as soon as i know it'll be made public !

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rfb6435 said:

Also make sure that you use some sort of seal on it. This is goes directly into the head so it needs to seal so that you don't have an oily tranny.

The oring is MUCH more likely to leak when the distributor is sideways than it is in the stock location! I guess everyone is having ok luck with an oring as the seal but it seems like we might want something better than that if given the option...

-Rich
I haven't used one yet so i'm not sure, but i think it would be best to have a flat face I.e. Imports , ultra grey sealant and NO gasket, just 2 flat slabs of aluminum , but that may be a feature , to use the stock cam sensor o-ring.

·
Registered
555 Posts
rfb6435 said:

-Rich
Once the initial timing is set properly mark it and then reassemble and RTV is sealed around the base. If there is a problem internally to the distributor then just drill a hole and add a drain and a tube to remove any oil, but I doubt it would be a problem to start to even require any RTV.

·
Registered
673 Posts
turbo.shaft said:
Once the initial timing is set properly mark it and then reassemble and RTV is sealed around the base. If there is a problem internally to the distributor then just drill a hole and add a drain and a tube to remove any oil, but I doubt it would be a problem to start to even require any RTV.
I am more worried about it leaking right out the shaft not the adapter... The only thing sealing it is an oring which isn't really designed to seal a spinning shaft mounted sideways.

-Rich

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you wanted to get crazy you coud put a spiral on the bushing in the disty base, so when the cam is spinning CCW it has a spiral that directs oil to the base of the disty (on it's side now) and not into the cap end.

·
Registered
673 Posts
shadetreeshop said:
if you wanted to get crazy you coud put a spiral on the bushing in the disty base, so when the cam is spinning CCW it has a spiral that directs oil to the base of the disty (on it's side now) and not into the cap end.
Actually looking at it again I am crazy and it should seal ok with the O-ring. For some reason I was thinking about the way it attaches incorrectly...

-Rich

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay , Here's the deal.... I've gotten a callback from my Machinist with a quote , 1,500$ for 10 (ten) adapters copied roughly from UCKU's design , all will be rough milled with maybe some tool marks , but i could spring for a buffing wheel to smooth stuff out , BTW I have access to a Hotcoat setup, I could do some powder coating also for a fee.

But all that aside it's 1500$ large for 10 , we need to setup a List , I'm gonna put pen to paper to prepare it. and then there's shipping, I DO NOT want a dime on shipping. plain and simple ! pay what it costs !

I'm looking to score 1 , so that leaves 9 more before I'm gonna give the OK to the guy !

PM me with your name and Address so we can get this rolling,

·
Registered
64 Posts
Way too much?? Go ahead and take a design to a cnc shop and see what they charge you for 10...and you probably won't sell 10. I would be interested in one but it just doesn't feel right, your reproducing someone elses work....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts