Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
No Shelby numbered cars were sold in Canada, Ol' Shelby didn't want to bother with making the cars compliant with Canadian standards. So if they're in Canada, they were imported at some point.
Same thing for the Spirit R/T.

Can you tell me where my 1989 CSX was originally sold? It's number 333.

Thanks!
#333 is a Recaro seat std tire car shipped on 03/20/1990 to the Chrysler Zone in Seattle, WA, that's all I have. There is an 89 CSX that was sold in Sweden #431.

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS; 1989 Shelby CSX
191 Posts
I have a Master list that lists all the #'d cars from 86-89 and the Shelby Dakota's too.
My memory is a little faint right now. Was it you that looked for information on my car? '87 GLHS #988. I think it was you that said that there was a hole in the records for my car.

Do you see any records for the GLHS number car that I was looking at in the showroom floor back in 1987 at KC Dodge in San Francisco? Still wonder what became of that car that caught my eye but I could not afford. I figure that until the point of sale for my car is determined, I've got a 1 in 1000 chance that I now own that car! :fingersx:

·
Registered
851 Posts
My memory is a little faint right now. Was it you that looked for information on my car? '87 GLHS #988. I think it was you that said that there was a hole in the records for my car.

Do you see any records for the GLHS number car that I was looking at in the showroom floor back in 1987 at KC Dodge in San Francisco? Still wonder what became of that car that caught my eye but I could not afford. I figure that until the point of sale for my car is determined, I've got a 1 in 1000 chance that I now own that car! :fingersx:
Yep #988 is missing

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I hope all of us aren't bugging you asking about all these cars, but could you tell me where my three came from Mr. bradp?

'87 GLHS #254

'89 Dakota #673

'89 CSX #365

Please.:fingersx:

·
Registered
851 Posts
I hope all of us aren't bugging you asking about all these cars, but could you tell me where my three came from Mr. bradp?

'87 GLHS #254

'89 Dakota #673

'89 CSX #365

Please.:fingersx:
'87 GLHS #254

Santa Fe Dodge in Santa Fe NM shipped 10/22/86

'89 Dakota #673

White sold at North Loop Dodge in Fort Worth TX shipped 05/12/89

'89 CSX #365

Std Tire Std seats sent to the Salt Lake City zone on 03/19/90

·
Registered
125 Posts
As long as you have the list out; Can you tell what number 87s were sold out of Daytona Beach? I know the dealer on route 92 had at least 2. I test drove the second one in late 88 as it sat on the lot for over a year before being sold. I was just curious what number it was.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Brad, If you are still in the mood to look this information up, I'd like to play along,too. I am the second owner of '87 glhs #970. The original (?) dealer sticker on the back says McGee Dodge Midfield, Alabama. Does that match your list?
Thanks so much, Tom

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
FYI:

Bayside Dodge, Bayside NY
1987 Shelby GLHS

Cowboy Dodge, Cheyenne, Wyoming
1987 Shelby GLHS

Some dealers got more or less, but I believe the average was 4 cars per.
They got cars in number sequence (0325, 0326, 0327, 0328).
Some dealers, like Pappa's Dodge in CT. got more.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Unfortunately, can't.
I only know about Charger GLHS's #325-328 because Bayside Dodge was the local Shelby Dealership & their records showed these as the only ones they received.
And #956 came with all the paperwork from Cowboy Dodge.

There's people on this board who have the "ship to" records for some or all of the cars.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Brad, I would love a copy of that book too. I live in Lafayette IN, when do you think you'll have a Shelby Dodge chapter meeting? I own 1986 #75 which is originally a California car that has made its way east. Not sure how far Jamestown is from Lafayette......

·
Registered
491 Posts
As long as you have the list out; Can you tell what number 87s were sold out of Daytona Beach? I know the dealer on route 92 had at least 2. I test drove the second one in late 88 as it sat on the lot for over a year before being sold. I was just curious what number it was.
I know 87 GLHS 545 and 547 were sold out of Jim Peacock Dodge in Daytona, FL. Dealer was on 92 opposite side of the Speedway. GLHS 547 was sold in 1989 as a Dealer Demo. I bought the car in 97 or 98. I sold it in 2001. It's here in Jacksonville. Mike Hasse is the owner and plans to restore it after his current project is finished.

545 was picked up by a fellow TD'er here in Central FL, but has be Crushed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bradp, where do you live in Indiana? I am in Lafayette. I would like to see that book too. I have '86 #75, allegedly went to Sacremento CA.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts