Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I see all these stores keep poping up about a Daytona beating a Honda, etc...
I figured you guys would like this one. I got a boring little Dodge Colt about 8mon, recently found out I lose my main car to the fiance so this will be my DD. So I decided to spice it up a little, threw on some ground effects that I fabbed up, extra tint I had sitting around, a $20 fart can from ebay, nice wax job, etc...and the thing looks pretty amazing. I can see how it can be looked at as a little racer w/ the way it looks...anyways this tard driving by me w/ a late 90s/early 00 Civic w/ the works pulls by me w/ his girl in the car and must have taken a second glance at me decides to slow down.
I knew what he was wanting the whole time, coasting beside me reving his engine. Needless to say I must embarass him!
We pulled up to the next light and I slip it in neutral and give him a couple revs to entertain him and hes all ready to go. We're both reving and the light turns green, he takes off, while I take my right turn towards my house.
I thought it was amusing, those guys are just so retarded its ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! thats awsome!!! its like in back to the future when Bif takes off from the light and marty just stays there, and Bif almost smokes a rolls! ha ha ha!!
thats a funny burn!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHA, yah know I never thought of that....that was a great part in that movie! I'd have hit reverse if it wasn't a busy intersection.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
that's just funny. but seriously a fart can? lol. I'd like to put one on my car just cause the funny sound makes me giggle. Brightens my day you know? lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats why its on there. Makes me chuckle everytime I hear it. Plus I figured it may be a selling plus later on down the road. Those little kids love that crap!

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
oh wow lol that's actually kinda nice. That's the smallest fart can i've ever seen.

and i could imagine the ad.

For sale:
Dodge colt. Fun little economy car. FAST!! custom performance exhaust. $2300obo

looks alot like a metro unfortunately. What's it like to drive? Looks actually kinda roomy.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Oh man...drop a 4G63 turbo engine in it and run 12s with ease!!! Then you really could smoke that Civic without a thought!!!

Those things are actually kinda neat!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I love it. Handles like a motorcycle. Its actually really quick for a 3spd auto, but if I did drop something else in it the thing would just fly. I just didn't want to mess w/ anything b/c it only has currently 52k miles. So its practically new still. I know I could turn a decent profit though, fuel economy being a huge selling point.
As far as size its really roomy inside. I can slide the seat back further in this than in the Daytonas, which is great. Its not too small to have 4 people in it, fairly comparable to the Daytonas in that respect just w/ a bit more foot room. Plenty of space in the back too. Good little car, just HARD to find parts for it.

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
I know of a Mitsu version with a 4G63 and custom front mount i/c already in it for sale. Rust free Cali and washington car. Sell the Colt for $2300 and buy the Mitsu for a little bit more. Think the owner is asking 3500.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, I've seen a couple people say something about selling the Colt for over $2000....do you guys think I could easily get over 2 for it? I don't know if I could bring myself to trying, but thats a decent chunk of change to turn a profit on.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
in the shape it's in i imagine it could go for 2300. Looks like a nice little car.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, now you're making me all twitchy to sell it. I really need to sell my motorcycle first of all. My Raider should be the next thing out w/ the way gas prices are...

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
I'd hold onto it and keep it as a daily driver if it were me, but i have no reason to believe that you couldn't fetch at least 2300

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Thats a pretty nice econo box. Wait till summer when gas prices are estimated to go over 4 dollars a gallon and ask 2,500 or by then you may wanna keep it

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its like a win-win AND a lose-lose situation all at once. I sell and get the money, but lose on the fuel economy. OR keep and save on gas and lose on getting the cash. Prolly save, I'm willing to bet its gotta be worth it in the long run.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
just hold on to it and save the money that you're not spending in fuel.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Problem is....gas prices are killing me. I live about 3 miles from campus and that drive kills fuel mileage. I'd bike but once it starts getting too warm I sweat my @$$ off.....and I have to wear clinic attire all day (tie, shirt, slacks, etc)
So it sucks. Either way...sounds good keeping the "EconoBox", which is gonna have to be her name now! LOL!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts