Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Link didnt work but i know what video your talking about, the car in the video was nothing special. Maybe less TD will make the retail go up finally.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Should have been a Ford, that's about what they are good for is scrap LOL

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
SSI makes some of the best industrial shedders in the WORLD. The fact that it can chew up an entire car an a few minutes and turn it to recyclable scrap is AMAZING. They technically didn't HAVE to take the engine out because it will chew those up too! I've seen it. Those videos have been around since the early 2000's, possibly longer.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Don't know much about SSI, but Riverside Engineering built the shredder I work at. 8000 HP, capable of shredding a school bus in about 5-6 seconds. A Daytona doesn't even move the amp gauge on the thing, engine or not. 300 tons per hour

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Stop the shredder.... did you see those floor boards... pretty nice shape! Must be a southern car.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
thats the way it should be, bout all its worth is scrap

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
We know how good we have it...and we've tried to share! (at least I have SEVERAL times) It seems that people in the rust belt are just happy complaining and don't want to travel to get a good shell.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
likely they just can't afford to - either money wise or time wise

I'd love to go on a shell hunting trip but sittin here babysittin my father - that's just not possiable

·
Registered
803 Posts
The key word here is "shell." Being so far away as to be rust free makes it very costly to bring home if it's not running. There are plenty of southern cars I'd leap on if I only had a car trailer!

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
a shell would be lighter and cheeper to drag home - and pre striped would save throwing stuff away that was never needed

but dealing with TD's , I'm smarter than to think I'm just gonna drive one home from who knows where when I know nothing about the car or where the h--l I am once I find myself sitting on the side of the road with no tools , no parts and little hope

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
with a completely empty shell, it can be lifted up by about 4-6 people, trust me i have done it with a Bimmer shell before, although its not fun but it works

·
Registered
174 Posts
I cried little when I saw it had a perfectly good INTACT turbo-z front bumper with the grille and spoiler in near perfect shape. WHY!?!?!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts