Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1982 Rampage, and about the only salvageable interior pieces are the door panels and dash. I'm trying to get the door panels off now, without causing undue damage to anything. I've gotten all the way around to the top, and it's not wanting to come loose. Before I force it out, I wanted to ask if anyone knows how they are held in at the top. From the scant pictures I can find, it appears there is nothing holding them down.

So, does anyone know how to remove the door panel along the window?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
They just clip in to the top of the door.

With everything removed, pull them out at the bottom

Then tap gently at the top and tap then upward gently.

Some come off easy and some need extra time.

Once off you'll see what holds them in at the top.

Be patient, they're pretty flimsy.

What color??

Automatic?

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They just clip in to the top of the door.

With everything removed, pull them out at the bottom

Then tap gently at the top and tap then upward gently.

Some come off easy and some need extra time.

Once off you'll see what holds them in at the top.

Be patient, they're pretty flimsy.

What color??

Automatic?

Thanks
Randy
Thanks.
Manual, rusted but red and orange. Interior was black but mostly trashed.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Right on!!

Let us know how you make out.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm sure you've done this, but figured I'd ask...you have the windows down? I know my popped out much easer on my G-body...I also pulled the panel out slightly to help open up the clips at the top, and free up any rust that might have formed. There's one at the local pick-a-part that I was going to use for floorboards on me Shelby Charger....but it's floor was completely gone as well.
Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure you've done this, but figured I'd ask...you have the windows down? I know my popped out much easer on my G-body...I also pulled the panel out slightly to help open up the clips at the top, and free up any rust that might have formed. There's one at the local pick-a-part that I was going to use for floorboards on me Shelby Charger....but it's floor was completely gone as well.
Good luck.
They came out both ways. I tried with one window open and one closed. They have no rust at all, which is amazing.
All the floor pans are gone but there's enough good metal to weld in new ones. I will either fabricate them or buy generic-ish ones and mod them in.
Hope you find a good candidate for yours.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They came out both ways. I tried with one window open and one closed. They have no rust at all, which is amazing.
All the floor pans are gone but there's enough good metal to weld in new ones. I will either fabricate them or buy generic-ish ones and mod them in.
Hope you find a good candidate for yours.
Good deal. Thanks, will be keeping the eyes open for a good candidate. I'd be interested to hear which generic ones worked for you...so I could follow suit on the Charger if I can't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts