Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I returned home from shopping mall and I saw a young men in a new civic 2 doors. The light turned green I started slowly and He started a little faster than me I floored the gaz and my shdow goes 1 car lenght in front of is new car. at 45 mph I let off the trottle but He never let the trottle I wasn't felt to pay a ticket . The guy in the civic seemed to feel cheap to saw a dodge shadow in front of him lol. In comparaison what car is the fastest on the 1/4 mile between a dodge shadow ES 4 doors with an a 604 no AC and electric pakage bone stock and a new civic 2 doors manual transmission dx or lx model anyway it wasn't a SI one.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Idk with out it being an si those cars aren't that quick... I have a friend with a manual civic and I think a 3.0 could beat it.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
i'm pretty sure the new civic (as much as it pains me to say it) should have won
Why this? :bash:

He even posts its not a Si model. The 1.8L DOHC engine produces [email protected]/[email protected] (6800rpm redline!) and weighs about 2600lbs.

The Shadow v6 engine produces [email protected]/[email protected] and weighs about 2700lbs.

So the shadows A604+172ft-lbs torque that comes on way before 4300rpm FTW! Now if he kept racing that would be a decent race since the 1.8L doesn't come alive till 5+k rpm probably and thats where the 3.0L will start to keel over on power. I believe the civic would atleast catch up to the shadow but still not win.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
its the auto transimission hooked up to the 3.0l v6. Its a 4 speed auto

1 - 11 of 11 Posts