Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about buying my moms Stratus from her thats been sitting since 2015 due to computer issues, my only issue with it is the Mitsubishi engine in it, in my opinion Mitsubishi has no business being in a dodge haha, anyways I would like to know what the best stock engine would be to swap it with thats not Mitsubishi, I dont remember the year of the car and can include more info of the car later on, also any other parts swap suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

·
Registered
525 Posts
Welcome to TurboDodge!

I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring coupe 3L made by Mitsubishi. Both the Stratus coupe and Sebring coupe are based on the 3rd generation Mitsu Eclipse. If you look at the oem part numbers all of them are Mitsu numbers except for some of the body parts. There are some strange ones like the computer which are special for the platform. I had to change mine out also and my mechanic had a heck of a time getting one. A lot of the time when you ask for a part people think that you are looking for something that fits the sedan or convertible (which WERE made by Chrysler).
For more info go to Club3G which is an Eclipse forum. There's an online repair manual plus loads of other info.
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts