Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,910 Posts
Measure the comp wheel. Hard to tell from the pic but I'm gonna say that the fins don't look stock. Could be a MP+ .... got to measure it though.
Also .. if a fella mod'ed a regular housing ... see if they moved to the larger .63 turbine side. That will have a stamped ".63" just inside the inlet where the turbo exhaust housing bolts to the mani.

· Registered
657 Posts
It looks identical to the TII sitting on my desk. Except yours has "M27" before B.C.C. and mine doesn't. Not sure what that signifies. Although...the compressor fins do look quite a bit bigger.

This is what a super 60 should look like I believe.
RCautoworks :: - Garrett T3 Super 60 (Powered by CubeCart)

· Registered
3 Posts
I have what appears to be the same turbo with provisions for water and oil cooling. However when I measured the intake exducer I got more around 2.68" which is 68mm. It was difficult to get a measurment on the exhaust exducer because I didn't want to completely disassemble this thing but it was in the 1.50 to 1.60" range 38mm to 42mm roughly.

I found this page which has a lot of info however no exducers match what I'm measuring.

thedodgegarage dot com

Anyone have any further information?

Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
368 Posts
Looks like a stock 89 TII turbo. Don't see any machine work done on the housing.

Real Super60 is made by Turbonetics.
not true. a super 60 is simply a grand national compressor wheel fitted in to a t2. turbonetics just happens to make one. but I agree, doesn't look like it was machined, but the only way to know is to measure as pointed out.

· Registered
3 Posts
For the inducer I came up with 1.70" or 43mm ish I took the full measurment of the wheel not the fins for the exducer so it's probably 60mm so would that make this a TO3 TII ???

Then my next question would be - whats this worth / whats a fair price? I'm not looking to get rich. There is no play in the wheel and it spins freely w/o noise. I originally purchased this for a 2.0L neon (which is now wrecked).

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
It looks identical to the TII sitting on my desk. Except yours has "M27" before B.C.C. and mine doesn't. Not sure what that signifies.
FWIW, My 87 T-II has M27 on it. That one there has the 2.25 SV on it also so I will venture its a bone stock T-II.

· Registered
13,610 Posts
For the inducer I came up with 1.70" or 43mm ish I took the full measurment of the wheel not the fins for the exducer so it's probably 60mm so would that make this a TO3 TII ???

Then my next question would be - whats this worth / whats a fair price? I'm not looking to get rich. There is no play in the wheel and it spins freely w/o noise. I originally purchased this for a 2.0L neon (which is now wrecked).
You have a stock 87 Garrett TII turbo with a 2.25 inch small flange swingvalve and small wastegate actuator. $80-$200, depends on the condition.

· Registered
1,012 Posts
when I measured the intake exducer I got more around 2.68" which is 68mm.
FYI, that exducer looks like it's measuring 2.368. Not to be anal, but that may have been what confused you. 60mm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.