Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Dome Light Wiring on '87 Shelby Charger GLHS

542 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  GLHS0325 
#1 ·
I have the interior of 87 GLHS #325 stripped bare.
I'm sorting out all the wiring harness connections and
I got to the center hole where the dome light mounts.
Feeling around, I don't see the wire and plug to connect it to.
I'm figuring it might be stuck somewhere between the A pillar and the
mounting hole.
Does anyone know which side the wire comes from?
Passenger side or Drivers?

Thanks
Jim

#4 ·
My dome light is centered near the rear view mirror at the windshield, so I wasn't expecting it to come from the rear location.
I was feeling around on the left and right.
That's why I couldn't find it.
Its coming around from the rear speaker harness and not the harness near the kick panel.

#7 ·
I see now why I couldn't find the wiring harness leading to the dome light location.
I found my dome light i my interior small parts box and the harness was attached to it.
Now I just need to figure out the routing to the rear speaker.

#9 ·
I'm going to work on the car hopefully by this weekend and I'm going to try the routing of that harness to see which way it's installed.
I'll take some pictures showing the route and connections.

#10 ·
I just wanted to mention that I found my service manuals for 1987 and low and behold, the first section of the electrical service manual shows All the body, dash, and engine harness routing.
As p558 said, the harness for the dome light goes to the drivers side rear speaker.
The routing goes from the dome light, leftward across the roof to the drivers side A-pillar, across the roof over the door and down the B-pillar to the connector.

Reactions: p558
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.