Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks... been a long time since I've posted but hoping I can get a headstart this season and get the R/T back in motion under it's own power.

What happened what I had just topped up the gas and was driving around 60kmph, the revs dipped to zero and the motor cut out. Hasn't started since. It's been sitting for a year and a half, and I'm going to get all new fluids in right away, but just before the snow came I put in the (almost new) battery, left it charging by another vehicle for a few minutes with booster cables, and tried to start it. I hear the fuel pump enage when I turn the key forward, and what I get while cranking is I hear the starter trying to start, but no actual action from the motor. No bucking, or attempt for the motor to turn over. I'm going to get the battery in it tonight when i get home and give it another try, and also while its got power i'll see if its pushing any codes from the key dance. The timing belt was still snug and was actually put on a month or so before this happened.

Any insight greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jory

I vaguely recall getting an ASD code that pointed me in the direction... Cam sensor ringing a bell too - I'll have codes in 3 hours from now.

Maybe I should clarify, its my 1992 _Chrysler_ Daytona IROC R/T, mostly stock

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
So are you saying that the engine won't crank. Does the engine spin by hand? Asd does not controll the starter.
Sounds like you may have busted the intermediate shaft and the engine seized(the one that drives the oil pump ) Time for some more digging.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a code 12, and 55.

Damn its cold out there!

Can I easily check for telltale signs it was the intermediate shaft? Where and what am I looking for? Source for replacement? Any other fallout or things that should be checked after determining the intermediate shaft has gone?

Should I remove the plugs before trying to crank by hand?

Thanks again I always appreciate the TD community!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts