Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang, well I finally took my 05 SRT 4 to US 41 Sunday to see what PIT BULL (that's its name, hope it don't bit the retired Mailman) could do. The thing is BONE stock with only the passenger seat removed since I use this car as a delivery truck when I sell and deliver Mustang rims. I can put 8 tires mounted on rims inside it! I left the baby seat in but did take out the spare and jack. The tires are $61 Sumitomo HTRZ 225x45x17 that had 40=L and 37=R for the first pass, then lowered to 32=L and 30=R for the rest of the day. I mad all passes leaving at about 2000 rpm by side stepping the clutch as if I was on the street. On the way up there I tried to just dump it at 2000 rpm but it only had severe wheel hop and tire spin. I was hoping for a 14.4 min since the shifter feels and sounds like rubber against metal and I can't bang the gears like I could on Matchbox or Micromachine. I was really wanmting a 14.15 which is the NHRA index for AF/S class. I was shocked...here's why:

1st pass, some tire hop and spin, 60' was 2.19, 1/8th was 9.02 at 80+ and the 1/4 was...........13.86 at 101+!!!!!!
2nd pass, one tiny hop and spin, 60' was 2.08, 1/8th was 9.00 at 80+ and the 1/4 was ..........13.84 at 101+!!!!!
Last pass, no spin or hop, 60' was 2.09, 1/8th was 9.02 at 80+ and the 1/4 was........13.88 at 100+

On all passes I shifted 1-2 at 5500 and then the remainder shifts were at 5800 for the 1st 2, then at 6000 for the last one.

I am SHOCKED!!! :eek: VERY HAPPY!!! Did not expect that. If I put the seat back in my drag strip calculator shows it would have slowed less than a 10th.

ANDDDDDDD...now I have a back up to Matchbox! :thumb:

· Premium Member
10,119 Posts
unless there is something wrong with the car, anyone that can actually drive can run 13s with an SRT 4. Your a good driver Angelo, zero shock here.

I also notice that you can get a lot of 60 ft out of an alignment too. Many have positive camber after going to a shop. The cars really need that 1 negitive and zero toe. Toed in and positive camber gets really bad during the launch, which I'm sure you know. I run toe out 1/8 to a 1/4 and 2 degrees neg for a drag machine with stock bushings lol.

I am not sure if you can run them but the 225 50 15s make a raging difference on a SRT 4. Really helps the gearing on them a ton. Keep us informed, I'm sure you'll be with the leaders when you get it dialed in! Try a stage 2 wastegate, all the stockers here hit 103, the stage 2 WG looks like stock. Good luck!

An index win is tough if a mini shows up lol.

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unless there is something wrong with the car, anyone that can actually drive can run 13s with an SRT 4. Your a good driver Angelo, zero shock here.

I also notice that you can get a lot of 60 ft out of an alignment too. Many have positive camber after going to a shop. The cars really need that 1 negitive and zero toe. Toed in and positive camber gets really bad during the launch, which I'm sure you know. I run toe out 1/8 to a 1/4 and 2 degrees neg for a drag machine with stock bushings lol.

I am not sure if you can run them but the 225 50 15s make a raging difference on a SRT 4. Really helps the gearing on them a ton. Keep us informed, I'm sure you'll be with the leaders when you get it dialed in! Try a stage 2 wastegate, all the stockers here hit 103, the stage 2 WG looks like stock. Good luck!

An index win is tough if a mini shows up lol.
I know a lot of regular FWD drag racers have their allignments done like you said, but I did not know that it means a lot....I DO know that on old Matchbox (1810 lbs and me another 240) if I do not sit in it when the job is done it will want to turn left going down the road since I am over a tenth of its wt!

First gear seems too short to me so I will likely go with a taller than stock tire. Hoosier makes a DOT legal Quick Time pro that is 26x9.5x15 that is .9 taller than the 205x50x17 and 1.5 inches wider.

As far as stock class racing, when both cars are under their index then they dial like a bracket race, only guys that are faster but in the same class could be a heads up run....such as if Blossums 12.65 record holding SRT4 in AF/S would run (KILL) me.

· Premium Member
10,119 Posts
I worked with a couple here and they both really respond to short tires. When you get a chance, there must be some other TDers around. Try the short tire and see what you think, first is short but the 2-4 gearing isn't. We've seen some real MPH from the short tires. Clay Flower runs [email protected] on the tall 18s he runs on the street and [email protected] with the 225 50 15 drag radials with no other changes. My brothers car also ran consistant 12s with the tiny 22" slicks, so if you get a chance...

I also like the short throw shifter for faster second gear slam lol

· Registered
2,400 Posts
Im not surprised I saw an 03 srt4 when they first came out tapping off 13.9's without the quaife running 101 mph bone stock brand new on a nice warm day.

he was soft shifting it too so im sure it could have done better.

The drag alignment is great for the track but sucks on the street especially with our pothole filled roads out here I guess if your roads are nicer it wouldnt be a big deal but out here you better hold that wheel tight lol

· Premium Member
10,119 Posts
both SRT 4s I've worked with here have neg camber from being lowered with Eibach Pro Kit springs. On the silver car both ends could only end up 1 degree negitive for total advancing the camber. I think 1 neg up front and 1/2 neg out back is perfect on the street, other than the car REALLY changes directions fast lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.