Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off.let me say I LIKE IT!!!!!!

As to the 27 grand price...it's very understandable now after looking at it..............

This is just some of the STANDARD items on it.

Chrome Package,Spoiler,17 inch wheels,AM/FM CD player,Additional 6 CD player,1 year paid Sirius Satellite Stereo,Larger Disc Brake ABS System,and ofcourse....the Turbo...that's on top of everything that the Dream Series 1 came standard with.PLUS the annual markup.

InfernoRed

·
Registered
386 Posts
I can't wait to see one either...I'm trying to talk my girlfriend in to holding off a year on getting a new car so she can get the PT convertable...it isn't working yet...oh well...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,I too won't be replacing either of my two PT's with one.I'm pretty happy though..I have one of the early production 01 models and a Dream Series 1.IF I HAD ADDITIONAL money though............I would buy this Series 2 as well as a convertible when they hit the market........2 is good.4 is better....lol.

InfernoRed

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Because of the weather, we didn't get to check out one that supposedly is at a dealer 30 miles away...maybe later in the week if its still there.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
I will have to se if anyone around here has one I can look at. Are they chrome wheels, or chrome clad? Just wondering-the pic from e-bay looked like the chrome clad. I have seen the prototype up close, but would love to see a production model. They were a tad too dark inside for me, but I am spoiled with the bright interior of the Dream Series 1. :x

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I did one better InfernoRed. I DROVE on yesterday. The salesman had to wipe the drool off of the steering wheel when I was done. Oh my gosh!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I want one but at this point and time in my loan it is impossible for me to do it.
Maybe alittle later on if there is still one around I will be able to get it.
I love the color. It is even BETTER in person. I thought the interior would be too much ( from the pics) but that is not the case. It is a wonderful PT and well worth the $27,500 price tag.
I have GOT to have one of those. Anyone care to contribute to my DC2 fund? You know to help me pay off the one I have?? :}

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
jpscruiser said:
MsBoop, you actualy drove one and didn't take any pics of it?? ;) :D Can't wait to see one for myself. |)
I forgot the stupid camera until I was halfway there and I wasnt' going to turn back. The pictures I have seen on the web don't do it any justice. It is much prettier in person. The interior looks better in person too. I just love that color. Shoot, who am I fooling I just like the whole darn thing. :)

·
Registered
17,456 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, PT_Sean, I got the orange ("amber" to you highway patrol types) fog lense covers from Bill and Sandy at SurfnPT.com. That was about the easiest thing in the world to install. Thanks guys!

Unfortunately, California does require a front plate. Luckily, it will take a while before mine gets in. I asked my husband to try to keep the front end clear of stuff, so I could see that pretty nose. He asked the dealer in Santa Cruz specifically NOT to install their plate frame on the front bumper, BEFORE they received it from the factory. They were really cool about it, they understood that I wanted to keep the bumper line clean. I'm planning on having my husband install a bracket to hang the plate below the bumper, so I can be legal, but still keep that front looking relatively clean.

TurboJody dressed up the photos for me, which were taken by my husband. Thanks, to my husband and to Turbo!

It's so easy, all I HAVE to do is drive it!!!

Santacruzer

·
Registered
359 Posts
definately a more desirable color to the masses compared to the series 1. cant say that i would get that over a base 6speed g35coupe that only costs a grand or two more.
eric

·
Registered
571 Posts
There is a Dream 2 on eBay with a sticker of $27,500 The . opening bid is $25,000. The $2500 rebate applies There were no bids as of last night

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey PONAboy -

looks like the player in my ride has 4 modes: CD, am, fm, and satellite. I probably wouldn't have ordered the satellite as an option, but it came with it, (along with a whole bunch of other stuff) so I'll check it out. Seems like a good option on a long road trip....

santacruzer

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
MsBoop said:
I did one better InfernoRed. I DROVE on yesterday. The salesman had to wipe the drool off of the steering wheel when I was done. Oh my gosh!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I want one but at this point and time in my loan it is impossible for me to do it.
Maybe alittle later on if there is still one around I will be able to get it.
I love the color. It is even BETTER in person. I thought the interior would be too much ( from the pics) but that is not the case. It is a wonderful PT and well worth the $27,500 price tag.
I have GOT to have one of those. Anyone care to contribute to my DC2 fund? You know to help me pay off the one I have?? :}
Sorry, can't contribute. :(

But I'm glad you finally got to drive a turbo. Are you still smiling? :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts