Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoa !!

I was just on Chrysler's Web page and chose to "Build and Price" my own Cruiser. I chose Dream Series II and left all the options as is without adding any more.
What an incredible jump in price.
This is all US $$ as well.
With all that Chrysler has cut back on all other Cruisers (including this one), you would think that it wouldn't be as much.
WRONG !!
I screen-Printed the following.
That's $27,445

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Dreamer

Yes, you can get $2500 Cash Back but is ONLY valid till the end of the month.
As taken on their site:
Cash $2,500- 01/18/2003 - 02/28/2003
Lease Cash $1,500 - 01/18/2003 - 02/28/2003
Lease Loyalty $1,000 - 01/18/2003 - 02/28/2003

cruiserboy said:
Do the Dream IIs get the rebate?

·
Registered
969 Posts
It sure is a beauty but I'm still very happy with my original PT. Don't think I could give the good ole boy up.

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
Marc said:
Whoa !!

I was just on Chrysler's Web page and choose to "Buid and Price" my own Cruiser. i chose Dream Series II and left all the options as is without adding any more.
What an incredible jump in price.
Yeah, and that's without the "Marc Criss-Cross" edition--you know, with the cool window mural, and all. ;)

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I wonder what the price would be if you ordered a Base Model and added all the Dream Cruiser add-ons to it. The price is high, but there is a lot added to this one that wasn't on the Dream Cruiser I. Fortunately my wife and I are thrilled with the two PT Cruisers that we have so we're not worried about the price. For those who do want one, I'd suggest waiting until fall late summer. The price actual saled price will certainly drop by then.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You'd have to start with the PT Turbo and add all the toys. With the DCS 1, it was only a $150 premium over a loaded Limited (if you included Inferno Red paint and the woody pkg.) I haven't done the same comparison this year, but I'd expect the difference to be less than $500.

·
Registered
137 Posts
basset hound said:
I wonder what the price would be if you ordered a Base Model and added all the Dream Cruiser add-ons to it. The price is high, but there is a lot added to this one that wasn't on the Dream Cruiser I. Fortunately my wife and I are thrilled with the two PT Cruisers that we have so we're not worried about the price. For those who do want one, I'd suggest waiting until fall late summer. The price actual saled price will certainly drop by then.
Not really. The main difference between DC1 and DC2 (and really the price difference) is the GT package. The other items above DC1 (and GT) that DC2 has is Sirrus Radio, Rear spoiler and chrome trim on doors.

·
Registered
383 Posts
o.k., did the comparison - $1700 more than an inferno red 5-speed with the same level of options. You are still missing the chrome package, the DCS2 wheels, the spoiler, DCS2 floor mats, the DCS2 interior, and the Sirius subscription. I'd say that there is very little premium in price compared to the content.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That is waaayyyyy tooooooooooooooooo much! Especially when you go to Kelley Blue Book and find that the resale after only two years on a 2001 PT in perfect condition is around 10-11K. I had a friend turn in a dream cruiser for trade in on a new Ford T-Bird and got only 14K after owning it only four or five months....still waiting for my Chevy SSR, now that is some serious moola!!!!!!!!!!! But whoa, giddy up....Still love my PT though!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
If the Dream series 2 could be had for around 24K I might consider it. As it is, it has too many added bells & whistles for my taste. :\

I'll wait for them to build a PT Panel. :D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
yup.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts