Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 92 daytona 2.5 na bogs when you step on it most of the time, sometimes to the point of stalling (automatic). It's been ported with a 2in exhaust and I cut that ugly and restrictive air box off, leaving the filter. I've heard that you can drill the throttle body out to get more fuel, but is it the actual bore that you make larger or is it where the tb brings in fuel/squirts it out or what?

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
My 92 daytona 2.5 na bogs when you step on it most of the time, sometimes to the point of stalling (automatic). It's been ported with a 2in exhaust and I cut that ugly and restrictive air box off, leaving the filter. I've heard that you can drill the throttle body out to get more fuel, but is it the actual bore that you make larger or is it where the tb brings in fuel/squirts it out or what?
The throttle body doesn't bring in any fuel. the is done by the injectors. it sounds like your problem is the MAP sensor. you need to check the codes to be sure.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Guys, n.a. car...

Yeah, sounds like an issue with either the TPS or the MAP sensor - or - the vacuum lines. Better to check those things all out before trying to bore out the TB.

You could have a fuel delivery issue, have you changed the fuel filter? Boring the TB will give you more air, not more fuel, and if you don't have the top part reshaped to match the larger bore you'll create a bunch of turbulance. The top part is contoured, not a simple straight bore, and it has the thing in the middle that holds the injector, which will mean that is a job that will have to be done by hand.

There is a secondary filter (it's just a little screen) that goes around the injector, you get a TB rebuild kit and take take it all apart and see if the screen is clogged.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
If the head is ported, right anyway you get too much air, and can get a dead spot.

I think a code is on too as mentioned, most likely a map 13 but it could also be the TPS.

With 1 injector you need to clean the screens and the fuel filter needs to be swapped. Using MArvel mystery oil to clean the fuel system and Chevron fuel injector cleaner is also important. Most cheap fuel injector cleaners don't do anything BTW.

Lastly check the timing with the water temp sensor pulled.

A stumble like that even with an old carb is fuel on acceleration or timing. With FI you need to look at map vac and the TPS, then fuel system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.