Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a dsm forum but some of you have them also, i was wondering what i would have to do to put a N/A 4g63 in place of the turbo engine in a 91 gsx.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OHh btw Im choosing to go NA because those engines arnt very reliable with the turbo and im cheap and i can get a running 4g63 from EZ-pull for 175 dollars :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
OHh btw Im choosing to go NA because those engines arnt very reliable with the turbo and im cheap and i can get a running 4g63 from EZ-pull for 175 dollars :)
they are VERY reliable, if you don't mod the hell out of them. i've been in the DSM scene for 10yrs, and two of my good friends are some of the biggest dsm traders in the midwest... they'll tell you the same. as with any car, they are very reliable, until people start hacking away on them and doing half-assed mods.

on a side note... check on WI-DSM.com and look for ExtremeDSM and ask about the NA motor in an AWD car. see what he has to say. i've done the reverse swap (na->T) you'll need a completely new wiring harness, ECU, all the oilcoolers, plumbing, intake, etc. pretty much buy the NA car and take it home with you. you'll need a LOT more parts than just the motor itself. depending on the year, even the harness up to the dash guages might need to be changed to make it work. you SHOULD be able to find a turbo motor to drop back into that AWD for about $500-$700, and it'll be a lot less work. everything will plug back in, assuming you get the correct year motor. some minor plugs were different, but nothing that cannot be made to work simpley enough.

good luck with taht project.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went on dsmtalk and they sayed it will swap right in as long as i use the pcm from an n/a one

·
Registered
926 Posts
like i said, make sure you get more than just the motor itself. wiring harness is COMPLETELY different, and ECU as well. best off buying the junk NA, parking it alongside the garage just in case you need to steal more parts. then part it when you're done. or take it back to the scrap yard... most are paying $90/ton now!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to find one up at ez pull and get all i can from it. i found a DOHC lazer for 500 bux around me i might grab to do the swap

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
91Plymouth Laser RS sounds like a good donor to me.. I hope i get the GSX then i will also get this other car and take some good parts off if, get the engine and ecu of coarse, then fill it with scrap metal and hose down the interior (more money that way :) then scrap it and make 3/4 of my money back

1 - 9 of 9 Posts