Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My minivan has headlight lenses (99 Town and Country Limited) that are very faded and dull, so much so that you cannot really see the headlights inside. What can I use to restore them?

· Premium Member
16,491 Posts
i used aluminum polish and then clear coated them...or i hear tooth paste works. but i've never tryed it...and they have stuff to clean them you can buy at the local parts store.

· Registered
103 Posts
Go on to ebay and look for a headlight restorer kit sold by "dblaudio". I believe that his kits have changed over the past few years, however, here is a link from a kit that I purchased: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=220150137937&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:US:11

I used it on my 99' 300M, and it worked perfectly. You just have to follow his instructions to a "T". The guy lives in Florida and is more than willing to talk to his customers over the phone. Also, his girlfriend or wife is very helpful.

Good stuff....let me know if you want to see pics of my headlight (I've only done one so far....:(

G

·
I have brought back a few sets of 3rd gen Daytona headlights recently by doing this...
1000 grit with a 3M rubber squeegie and soapy water solution to get most of the inperfections and to get the yellowed factory "anti-scratch coating" off. I actually sanded off all the markings and letters to make it totally smooth.
Then,use 1500 grit with the squeegie and soapy water to get the 1000 scrathes out.
Then,use 2000 the same way to get the 1500 out
Then,use 2500 with soapy water by hand this time with no squeegie as a backing to finish the sanding.
Then,get yourself some 3M plastic polish and use a 3" 3M wool pad to buff out the scratches from the 2500(it will now be almost perfectly clear)
Then,finally use a 3" foam pad with the polish and if you did it right they should look NOS:thumb:
I brought back a set that you could hardly see out of to look new and took a pic of one done and one un-touched I will have to post it later.

· Registered
1,526 Posts
My '97 Jeep GC had the same problem. I went on Google under Jeep GC headlights. There's a company on there with multiple listings called "Dr. Headlight". They sell brand new complete headlight /housing assy with a new halogen bulb for less than $20. They're made in China but look as good as Jeep replacement's, which cost over $100. Check it out, I'm sure they sell your lights also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.