Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading about how touchless car washes fade pillers. Where are my Cruiser's pillars?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The only "dumb" question we know of is the one that was never "voiced"! ;)

If you don't know the answer, PLEASE ask. We love & enjoy helping our fellow cruisers out! :D

Hope you will NOT run into any "faded" parts! :}

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
Going to the Big city to see relatives. They haven't seen my PT yet. And My hose is under ALOT of snow. Can't use soap outside because of our well.
Just an occational touchless wash should not fade the pillers right? Looked it up in the forum. Everyone has a different opinion not sure what to do .I have been just spraying water on It at the do it yourself wash. they don't allow buckets and other cleaning stuff. My Beautiful Onyx PT is only two month old so I don't know if I should go through the washless . Do I need a wax? OR should I use the do it your self place with their soap and wax. help, please

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
As much as I hate to say you may not have any choice but to got the touchless automatic route. I hate to recommend that because I refuse to take our PT thru a car wash period. Another option would be to go thru the wand style bay with your own bucket and soap later in the eve when you will not be holding anyone else up. I do it all the time with my jeep and they don't allow bucket washing either. Have yet to be questioned on it. ;)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I've had mine through the touchless wash quite a few times. Can't always wash it myself when it needs it.
Go ahead and run it through. The pillars might get some light colored spots from the detergent, but they do polish off with a little effort. Take a towel with you and wipe them down right after the wash.

Better a spot or two than showing off a dirty car to the relatives 8o

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
Or...you could have your pillars painted body color. Solves the problem and improves the Cruiser's looks. Of course, you should then paint the mirrors body color, then the bumpers, add a chrome belt line, blllet grille, and... ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
PUT ON THE STAINLESS PILLER COVERS THEY LOOK GREAT. RACE&STREET.COM CAN'T DO A BETTER MOD FOR AROUND $50.00 :-{

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
PT Mom...there are no dumb questions, but on the other hand, there are dumb statements. Not knowing is one thing we all have in common. (was that a statement?) 8*

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
PT Dream said:
I've wondered about all these stick on parts like piller covers, is this a starting point for rust
No- they are stainless steel...

I like the painted idea!! those look great.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Painting the pillars DOES mean they clean easier, but in the original design spec, they decided to keep the pillars black to enhance the style of the car. Keeping them black blends them into the windows, especially if you have tinted windows.

In my opinion it makes the car look longer. I took this pic the other day after washing n polishing (first chance to do that this year!).

See what I mean abou it looking longer?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah Phantom, they come as standard here in England, although I took them off and replaced them with the oval blue LED ones you see in the photo. Glad you like! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts