Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 Chrysler Maserati TC that has dodge parts including the dvd player. The player works but will not eject the cd.
Anyone out there have a source that can fix original dodge dvd player. It is not part of the radio which has a tape player
Thank you
JK

·
Registered
459 Posts
I don't have a source myself but there are some internet sites that do repairs. You're probably looking at $300 or so to get it fixed. However there are also some DIYs on how to remove a CD that won't eject. Could be that the mechanism just needs to be cleaned.

I've got an '83 Chrysler AM-FM cassette player that I'm attempting to repair. Tried a new belt but no dice. I finally got a service manual but hadn't had time to try to figure it out. Radio works but tape transport will not go all the way down...

Perhaps you can find a tested replacement if all else fails.

Good luck!

·
Administrator
24,269 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

It may help if you can tell us what year/model the DVD player originally came from.

Check your "local yellow pages" for a reputable/experienced radio repair facility near you, every town probably has one.
Do not know where you live but here is the one in my area, they have been around as long as I can remember.

Suburban Auto Radio

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
The 90 TC had the slave CD player that was used on all other cars that year.

4430120 PLAYER, Disc
4469028 CABLE, Disc Player
4430122 BEZEL, Disc Player, Black

·
Administrator
24,269 Posts
THREAD TITLE
DVD PLAYER from Chrysler Maserati TC needs fixing

"I have a 1990 Chrysler Maserati TC that has dodge parts including the DVD player."

OP may have made a typo or is using the wrong terminology or is assuming they are both the same and we will understand, however...

The OP stated "DVD Player" and there is a big difference between a "CD" and a "DVD".

If the vehicle has a "DVD Player" it was added on from a much newer vehicle.

So...
Is he looking for info pertaining to an add on "DVD Player" or a "Factory CD Player"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts