Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got the spirit back together with the 57trim on and switched from a stage 1 fwd cal to a stage 4. car drives real nice and smooth and the power is definately there at the hit of the throttle. i'm quite impressed and can't wait til i get the new revised stage 4 chip from cindy. it made 305hp/320tq at 22psi with a/f in the mid 11's. we were going to raise the boost a bit more but nobody had race gas and i didn't want to push it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no everything is stock. only mods are an intercooler, 3in exhaust, ported exhaust manifold, afpr, +40s and turbo

·
Registered
544 Posts
Where did you get your car dynoed at. I live every close to you (walnutport) and want to get my R/T dynoed in the next month.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sweet! Looks good Rob. When are we goin racin??? You just need some slicks now. How does the 57 trim feel on spool up? Lots of lag?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you get your car dynoed at. I live every close to you (walnutport) and want to get my R/T dynoed in the next month.
it was done at deihl paving right off of airport rd. i was actually thinking about talking to tim there about doing a dyno day.

yes it is the fwd fuel rail

lee- the turbo isn't too laggy. it definately comes in alot harder now. give me a call sometime and i'll take you out for a rip in it. as for racing it we rented beaver springs dragway on april 11th so i'll get an idea of it'll do then

clayton- i 'm not sure what i want to do next. i've really been thinking about not doing anything else with the car and doing a tiii swap into the glht

larry- the boost did hold steady even at 26psi when i still had a 118/93 octane mix in the car. from what i was told when i bought the turbo off of tucsontd that this is the turbo that was originally on your car before you went with the gt35r

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
larry- the boost did hold steady even at 26psi when i still had a 118/93 octane mix in the car. from what i was told when i bought the turbo off of tucsontd that this is the turbo that was originally on your car before you went with the gt35r
I asked about the boost as the torque curve on your dyno plot drops off faster than it should after reaching its peak. If you correct this issue, your peak power reading will obviously skyrocket. At 22 psi boost, whp will likely be north of 350.

Also, I never ran a 57 trim on my car, the closest was the T3/T4 hybrid (with a TO4E 50 trim compressor).

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Those are some very nice numbers! Stock shortblock? Stock headgasket?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I asked about the boost as the torque curve on your dyno plot drops off faster than it should after reaching its peak. If you correct this issue, your peak power reading will obviously skyrocket. At 22 psi boost, whp will likely be north of 350.

Also, I never ran a 57 trim on my car, the closest was the T3/T4 hybrid (with a TO4E 50 trim compressor).
i'll have to look into that. the boost never drops below 22psi but the more i watch the boost gauge it seems to drop down to 22 even if i turn the boost controller up. when i bought the turbo he said it was a 57 but i just stuck my head under the hood after reading your post and saw that the compressor housing does indeed have a 50 on it. i can't believe i never noticed that. how would i go about correcting the issue of the curves falling off quickly?

jim34-i like it. i don't notice any extra vibration, i put a flex pipe in too though

turbo224- its a stock shortblock and head with a cometic hg and arp studs

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i just stuck my head under the hood after reading your post and saw that the compressor housing does indeed have a 50 on it.
Thats does not mean its a 50trim, thats the A/R of the Compressor housing, many hybrids use the same housings, its the wheel inside that denotes the trim. Which if I'm not mistaken makes it a B housing which makes the turbo a "half assed hybrid" because it doesn't use the native E compressor which is .60AR

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
The .50 on the compressor housing is more than likely the a/r ratio of the housing. NOT the trim of the compressor wheel itself. Which as you stated you were told is a 57 trim.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that makes sense. i never quite understood how to read the housing numbers.

also i was thinking about this, maybe i should check to make sure that my timing is still correct. if the belt possibly jumped a tooth that could have a negative effect on the power curve

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I would be willing to be that you have the typical 50 trim hybrid. If it is a turbonetics, they are market right on the exhaust housing where the wg bolts up. Mine actually said 57 in the part number on the box, but I was told that the exhaust side is a 57 trim, and the intake side is the 50 trim. Is this a turbonetics? Did it come from cindy originally?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts