Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who made the engines, Dodge or Mistsu? I see they had 2.5, but they were not the same as a 2.5 dodge., they had differant bore and stroke, bore bigger than stroke, and 2459 cc. as opposed to 2508cc. Were they a single overhead cam, 2 or 4 valve head? Steel or aluminum? Do any parts interchange with a Dodge 2.5 or 2.2, or trans? Were they even a west/east mounted engine, or north south, like the intrepeds? I dont know if they just didn't last or they wanted the bigger v6s, they only made a few years of them. But the numbers say lots more power than a dodge 2.5.

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
The Eagle was a mitsu motor if im not mistaken, and i dont believe that they are interchangeable

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
wrong; you guys ever hear of wikipedia ?? ;)

Eagle Premier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the 2.5 was the old AMC pushrod (2/3 of the ancient 4.2 / 258 cid) which was used in the Jeeps, and replaced our SOHC 2.5 in the Dakotas in '96

PS get a premier 3.0 (or it's twin : dodge monaco) ; its a PRV 3.0 and a MUCH better motor that the AMC 2.5

LOL - PRV 3.0 = same engine as the DeLorean had

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
ahhh one of those, run away run away... lol j/p

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, no need for V 6, just wondering if it would ever make a good dirt track mini stock engine, didn't know it was used in the later Jeeps and Dakotas. But I see it made way more power than a naturally aspirated Dodge 2.5, maybe thats the injection. I can't see see turning the rpm usually ran there with a 2.5 long stroke, 2.2's are good, a bit less engine for the class, I would guess. I do like you can get a shaft mount rocker for the AMC/Jeep 2.5, just not sure how good the Jeep 2.5 will last, or compared to a 2.2 head, the airflow, After reading up, it is 2/3 a 232

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
the local dirt track mini stock winners are usually the quad 4 in e.g a grand am or beretta

altho the neon and the 2.0 probe do well also

no-one runs 2V's ; well I mean no-one ever places with 2Vs

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it would have to be a carbed engine, and alot of the 4 valve engines (for anything Chrysler/Amc/Mitsu) they are fwd, I never seen a good running FWD vs. the Pinto/Mustang 2.3s. on Dirt. When I was in Washington, I seen VW Rabbits clean up on a 3/8 mile track, but that was asphalt, not dirt. They also say no aluminum heads, but I'm guessing that is referring to aftermarket, otherwise it would outlaw a whole bunch of them, most or all 4 valves, Dodge 2.2 & 2.5, Toyota. But it doesn't mean a fwd can't work on dirt, I just aint seen it, ...yet But, no non 4 valve rules!

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
Who made the engines, Dodge or Mistsu? I see they had 2.5, but they were not the same as a 2.5 dodge., they had differant bore and stroke, bore bigger than stroke, and 2459 cc. as opposed to 2508cc. Were they a single overhead cam, 2 or 4 valve head? Steel or aluminum? Do any parts interchange with a Dodge 2.5 or 2.2, or trans? Were they even a west/east mounted engine, or north south, like the intrepeds? I dont know if they just didn't last or they wanted the bigger v6s, they only made a few years of them. But the numbers say lots more power than a dodge 2.5.
the eagle premier has a 3.0 Renault engine. it was part of the AMC/French connection. chrysler ended up with this abomination when they aquired AMC. the sister car was the Dodge Monaco. it was quickly dumped when the LH cars made production.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've done some reading up, msn autos and a few others, allpar, Wikipedia. It had the 3.0 most of the years, if not all of them, but the 2.5 was there the first 2 years or so, sat on the shelf after it went all v 6, later to be a jeep and dakota engine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts