Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to change my headgasket on my Spirit R/T and was wondering what the easiest way is to remove it? I kind of need a walk through process if anyone can help me. Thank you, Matt

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
disconnect the parts, hoses, etc from the manifolds, you can pull that head with turbo and intake. its just heavy as hell

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
I am going to change my headgasket on my Spirit R/T and was wondering what the easiest way is to remove it? I kind of need a walk through process if anyone can help me. Thank you, Matt
When did you get a Spirit R/T?

When the hell are we going to see pics?:D

Disconnect hoses, lines, wires! remove airbox, disconnect exhaust, remove valve covers, remove head bolts and get the cherry picker:)

May be easier to remove with the intake off, I can't remember how I did it to the one I parted out last year:p

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When did you get a Spirit R/T?

When the hell are we going to see pics?:D

Disconnect hoses, lines, wires! remove airbox, disconnect exhaust, remove valve covers, remove head bolts and get the cherry picker:)

May be easier to remove with the intake off, I can't remember how I did it to the one I parted out last year:p
there is pics of it in my gallery. I bought it off of turbort (marc).

·
Registered
296 Posts
when i pulled my head off... (haha) i stood on the shock towers facing the back of the car and grabbed it on each side to lift it off.... i remember i almost fell backwards but my friend nudged me back forawards again haha

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I would be happy to copy the FSM for ya. Its not a hard job, a little time consuming. But not bad. Congrats on the RT. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
oh man, what one did you get? the white one or the mint red one or the red one that needs freshing up?? oh yea, definatly use a cherry picker.
it makes the job so frakin easy that way..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts