Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's count this up: Underdrive pulley, 5-10 HP; remove balance shafts, 8-10 hp; oil pump pickup mod, 5 hp; crank scrapper, 10 hp; that's 25-35 horsepower right there (and I'm not even counting the magic magnets on my fuel line that irritate the molecules so they combust better, or the Slick 50 I use in spite of what the world says..). So, how come I don't feel any difference? Have I been snookered? :eek:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I forgot about the Splitfire plugs and Jacobs ignition cables...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
you drive a dodge or a honda?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Nitrous kit - $500 dollars, 100 horsepower easily. Stock motor characteristics when cruising down the highway.

Underdrive pulleys aren't worth the $100 or so that companies want for them. I don't think they make as much HP as they say they do.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,543 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ray44420 said:
Lose weight (either you or your car.) Every 10 lbs. = 1 hp (roughly.)
Now, there's a plan-I could get about 8 HP out of that! But, that takes willpower and dedication. Maybe I'll try the Borla intercooled exhaust tips first :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Wow what people won't sell. How much HP does it take to spin a supercharger. Lets say 5 HP to make 2psi of boost( These are just random #s) Do you know how big a 5HP 12V motor would be! Probably weigh 50-60 pounds! Even if you went to a 24 or 36 volt system the motor would be huge. I bet the 480V motors we use at work are at least 40 pounds. That's just funny!

Benji Farr
Green Bay WI
87 Shelby Z TII 15.2 @ 90.7
88 Shelby Z TI 2.2 auto
91 Shelby TI 2.5 5spd
http://bfarroo.tripod.com
http://www.extremepsi.org

1 - 14 of 14 Posts