Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,587 Posts
I have always loved those things, and whoever makes them is really talented. yet it baffles me why Chrysler didnt just make them like that from the get go...its the same exact cost! Oh well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,058 Posts
Una said:
Wow.. Very nice. Wonder if that one interfers with the rod shifter setup like the TU one does.. Price sure is a helluvalot better than TU's.

True but you have to port and do some work on Typerts header. Fast4Ward saw the one I bought off him. Its nice but I have 2 hrs or so of grinding. I personally don't care but If I wanted to bolt and go, TU's would be the bomb!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the TU header, personally - I think it's very well crafted...

But it baffles me, as to why they don't make a 4-into-1 collection header of some sort. I mean, I know that spaces are fairly tight, but tee'd together runners usually don't do much good for directing airflow.

But anyways, hats off to the guy that's creating these - nice work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,058 Posts
aerosmith145 said:
I love the TU header, personally - I think it's very well crafted...

But it baffles me, as to why they don't make a 4-into-1 collection header of some sort. I mean, I know that spaces are fairly tight, but tee'd together runners usually don't do much good for directing airflow.

But anyways, hats off to the guy that's creating these - nice work.
Apparently doesn't really make any difference!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
turbovanman said:
True but you have to port and do some work on Typerts header. Fast4Ward saw the one I bought off him. Its nice but I have 2 hrs or so of grinding. I personally don't care but If I wanted to bolt and go, TU's would be the bomb!
yes, I thought I said they need a little porting? By porting I mean all of the tubes didn't line up on the header ports on the flange and some smoothing of the welds. you DO NOT have to port the inside. That is much larger than even a ported stock manifold.

I have 2 more available that I am selling a little cheaper than the finished product. A lot of time was spent on these because they were the first ones. getting ports lined up was not easy! Things like smashing the tubing to fit the port and then when you put heat on it, it distorts. I think we have a handle on it now though.

I plan on working on some other designs in the future and perfecting these but no one seems interested now. I have to concentrate on the stuff that sells and no one is buying!I am not bitter or anything. I just thought more people were interested :welloh:

And thus is the life of a businessman.

turbovanman - the $50 rebate is still in effect for a before and after dyno. :thumb:

That goes for anyone else too. $300 for the manifold with a $50 rebate for a timely before and after Dyno.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
aerosmith145 said:
I love the TU header, personally - I think it's very well crafted...

But it baffles me, as to why they don't make a 4-into-1 collection header of some sort. I mean, I know that spaces are fairly tight, but tee'd together runners usually don't do much good for directing airflow.

But anyways, hats off to the guy that's creating these - nice work.
Cost and space. I personaly do not think anyone would pay what I would have to charge for a header like that. I would have to sell at least 10 of them before I would attempt it. Everyone said they wanted a log manifold but...I will work on something soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,216 Posts
aerosmith145 said:
I love the TU header, personally - I think it's very well crafted...

But it baffles me, as to why they don't make a 4-into-1 collection header of some sort. I mean, I know that spaces are fairly tight, but tee'd together runners usually don't do much good for directing airflow.

But anyways, hats off to the guy that's creating these - nice work.
I made my own 4 into 1 header, and plan on making more, but have been too busy to start, maybe by the end of the racing season.

CLICK HERE FOR INFO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,058 Posts
typert said:
yes, I thought I said they need a little porting? By porting I mean all of the tubes didn't line up on the header ports on the flange and some smoothing of the welds. you DO NOT have to port the inside. That is much larger than even a ported stock manifold.

I have 2 more available that I am selling a little cheaper than the finished product. A lot of time was spent on these because they were the first ones. getting ports lined up was not easy! Things like smashing the tubing to fit the port and then when you put heat on it, it distorts. I think we have a handle on it now though.

I plan on working on some other designs in the future and perfecting these but no one seems interested now. I have to concentrate on the stuff that sells and no one is buying!I am not bitter or anything. I just thought more people were interested :welloh:

And thus is the life of a businessman.

turbovanman - the $50 rebate is still in effect for a before and after dyno. :thumb:

That goes for anyone else too. $300 for the manifold with a $50 rebate for a timely before and after Dyno.
I am not upset by any means if that came across. I have to enlarge the exhaust port holes, there way to small and theres a few sharp corners inside that I am going to round off. So I figure a couple hours. To me time is free, :thumb:

Hmmmm, I will think about the rebate, lol! I want my van running and if I swap headers, will have to yank head, so time will tell, lol! I am gettng tired of fixing my own stuff right now, :bang head

I figured you would sell a few, its very reasonable and I am sorry more people haven't bought it. I must alas bring this up, most people on this board are cheap, very cheap to the point of you need a crow bar to get a $1 out, even though $300 is a steal, they won't spent that but I am sure glad YOU did though. Hang on, I am sure you will sell more! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
turbovanman said:
I am not upset by any means if that came across. I have to enlarge the exhaust port holes, there way to small and theres a few sharp corners inside that I am going to round off. So I figure a couple hours. To me time is free, :thumb:

Hmmmm, I will think about the rebate, lol! I want my van running and if I swap headers, will have to yank head, so time will tell, lol! I am gettng tired of fixing my own stuff right now, :bang head

I figured you would sell a few, its very reasonable and I am sorry more people haven't bought it. I must alas bring this up, most people on this board are cheap, very cheap to the point of you need a crow bar to get a $1 out, even though $300 is a steal, they won't spent that but I am sure glad YOU did though. Hang on, I am sure you will sell more! :thumb:
It's cool :thumb:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top