Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to revive a Consulier whose MOTEC ECU is not responding. I have several ECU modules from the Shelby Daytona and a partial wiring harness with both connectors for the Shelby ECU. I'm looking for a wiring diagram/schematic which will help me replace the MOTEC with one of the Shelby ECU modules so I can get the engine running. Between their two connectors, the Shelby units have considerably more pins than the MOTEC, so I expect I will have to spoof some input and/or output lines to satisy the Shelby unit. The Shelby ECU modules that I have are 036 or 635 units and were used with the car before it was converted to the MOTEC ECU. A wiring diagram and suggestions for the most simple solution to getting the engine running will be much appreciated. Once I can verify the engine runs, I'll worry about any more extensive measures for best performance

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

I can help you with the wiring schematics but I need years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Consulier is a 1990, but I don't know from which model year the drivetrain was taken. I would presume not more than a year or two prior to that. I can check for an engine number if I knew where to look.

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
Everything I read says the car used the common block 2.2L Turbo 2.(1989)
Does your engine controller have one 14 pin connector and one 60 pin connector?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1989 would be just right for the drivetrain and the ECU modules do have the two connector (14 & 60) pin configuration. Fortunately, I found the appropriate mating connectors in a box containing some of the original wiring harness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ECU numbers (4) are:

P4532036
4517637 (two of these)
5233246 (however, this one also has another sticker saying "635" and a handwritten note indicating that the board has been socketed and the chip replaced.

I haven't cracked the cases yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts