Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just got a used Autometer EGT off ebay, and I just realized that its missing a part that threads into the manifold. The thing in the pic.
Anyone know where I can get such a thing without buying a whole probe kit? I have everything I need except for that piece.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
4,663 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
There is a place near me that has stuff like that. It is a hose and rubber supply place that specializes in making replacment hydrolic (sp?) hose. Any place that stocks pipes and fitting would probably have something that would work.

I have the same gauge you do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
summitracing.com sells it :

Auto Meter Replacement Probe Fitting Kits: ATM-5255 - summitracing.com
Good god! Someone at summit really likes their dope... I could swallow $10-$15 maybe, but $40? Get bent Summit.

I guess I'll just keep looking for it online. Worst case I'll just buy a whole new probe kit.

Thanks for the input,
Nick

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
yes most probes are simple 1/8" diameter and use a common compression fitting to hold them in place

a good hardware store should have something with e.g. 1/8" NPT on one side and a 1/8" compression (prolly brass, altho if the have steel or SS then certainly get that) on the other

something like Grainger 3LW51 which is for a 3/16" compression (which they want 24$ for ?) grainger.com

from wiki:

"The relatively low melting point (900–940 °C depending on composition) of brass ... "

1 - 7 of 7 Posts