Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I posted here a wile back then kinda forgot the webpage, my bad. But I found it again! so im happy. umm I have a few problems with my dash stuff...where to start... This has only happened to me twice but the other day I was driving along around 830pm and everything, I mean EVERYTHING electical shut down. I mean, radio, headlights, dash, etc. the engine kept running fine and all that, but all my electrical shut down. my other problems are 1) the infinity cassette/radio. it wont save the time, unless I actually shut the radio itself off. very strange to me. and when I do turn the radio on (to listen to music naturally) non of my presets that I saved are gone and the time changes to whatever it feels like. Yesterday it was 0:08 o'clock. My other problem is the 12 button traveller I have. non of the buttons work. anyone know why that may be? I figured that the problem with all the electrical shutting off may be because I got water in the compuiter or on a loose wire somewhere. but the other stuff I dont know about. any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check your engine to body ground strap. It's braided metal and it attaches to the back of the engine at the intake manifold and screws to the firewall. There should also be a braided ground strap on the back of the radio.
You may also have a bad or missing fuse for the radio memory. It may be labelled IOD on the fuse cover. ( Ignition off draw ). It maintains the radio memory and clock functions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts