Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has a electronic cutout for the downpipe/exhaust on there car and how it was working. i was thinking about getting one, and 130-150 is not bad price for one. thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I installed one on the girlfriends SRT, its pretty sweet. The car sounds very close to stock with it closed and MEAN as hell with it open.

With the three inch cutout and stage 2 wastegate we were able to make 260 HP and 282 ft-lbs of torque.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow!! thats sweet!! hey rj, can you send me a pic of it....and where u got urs at...im really wanting to do it, but dont know how to weld for anything!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I will have to get the guys email address for you, he makes a couple different downpipes, I think one is 2.5 inch and the other is 3 inch. We have the 3 inch with a McCord powerplate. When I have time I can get the girlfriend to take some pics of it.

Look up ndswings on this website, or a name similar to that. He is who we bought the downpipe off of.

-Ryan

·
Registered
330 Posts
www.needswings.com

Really nice guy. Look him up.

I'm sure there are better pictures on his website than the ones I have of my cut out.

Also, there is no welding involved. At least not with his downpipe. It bolts to the stock o2 housing (I believe, excuse me for having a stupid girl moment) and then slips into the stock exhaust somewhere in between the front seats.

And by "slipping" .. I mean .. jamming it in as hard as you can and NEVER EVER taking it off once you finally get it in place. Hahaha. Well .. IF we ever get it in place.

Someday. Hahaha.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kool, thanks guys!! i seen some of the stuff on the site, now just time to get some $$$, but i also was thinking of getting the switch (cut-out) and getting a y pipe made and doing it that way.....thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts