Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I've got; '87 Shelby Lancer cast T-2/A-520, '88 Daytona ShelbyZ forged T-2/A-555. What do I have to do to make this transplant work? I was talking with a friend he mentioned a difference on the flywheel? Has anyone done this? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Well, all you really need is an engine hoist, and just pull them and swap them out. If both are setup for the t2, then the computer should be the same, just hook up the wires and go about it that way. The one thing I would suggest is take the 2 piece intake off of the 87 and put it on the other engine. But the others should bolt right up and connect properly

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yea.. the only '88 stuff will be the long block. All SL specific stuff will be retained I just need to know about the tranny end stuff. My SL has a new clutch and all that good stuff so I'm trying to figure out if I can keep it. Kinda trying to go as inexpensive as possible. I think my friend is trying to deter me because he wanted the forged bottom end.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
No, actually the 520 and the 555 are the same transmission with the only difference is some of the internals. So the shifter hook up and the flywheel and clutches work better. The up side is that you will have a better gear ratio for a higher speed and better performance. But just swap out engines and just hook up the trany

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought a long time ago that I read the a-520 and 555 were basically the same trans just different internals. I knew it was nonsense, I'm glad I posted. Thanks man!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts