Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week i finishing the setup of my spirit ,car at idel the car has die and then i restart it ,it drive well pump gaz was loading ,one shot the car die another time ,a few test later i found that the ground on the ASD (DB/YL) is not working good .Thank for your help in advance ! all so i don't have a DB/YL wire on my diagnostic plug ... may be the HEP too...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Comm on guys i'm shur someone understand me on this site ! How can i get a ground on this wire again ASD DB/YL . (excuse my english mistake ) Thank

·
Administrator
25,297 Posts
The DB/YL wire was removed from the diagnostic connector on all vehicles 91-up.
The ASD will not be actuated cranking until the controller see's a crank signal from the HEP.
If you hear the fuel pump come on for 1 second when you turn the key to the on position the ASD circuit is fine.
If the pump does come on for 1 second but there is no power to the + coil, DG/BK wire at the injector harness or fuel pump cranking the problem is in the HEP circuit.
Check for any fault codes that may be present.
A loss of crank signal will not set a fault code.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My gaz pump is not working when i turn the key on because the ground that is suppose to come from the computer to the ASD (DB/YL) got a certain resistance (ohms)the key at off and when i turn the key on the resistance (ohms) is disapeard adn the ASD in not clicking.(my ASD is brand new )
I got power on red wire , blue wire . Thanks NAJ !

·
Administrator
25,297 Posts
I looked at the wiring, it is a simple circuit.

The DB/YL wire comes from the controller cavity #51 to the fuel pump relay and from the fuel pump relay to the ASD relay.

1)The ASD and fuel pump relay are the same part # so they are interchangable, swap the fuel pump relay and see if your problem is corrected.
If no continue...
2)Be sure both power sources are present at both relay's.(RD and DB wires)
If ok continue...
3)Disconnect the fuel pump relay and ASD relay and using an ohmmeter check continuity(a complete circuit) from the DB/YL wire at the ASD connector to the DB/YL wire at the fuel pump relay connector.
Resistance should be 0-5 ohms
If ok continue...
4)Disconnect the fuel pump relay and controller connectors.
Check continuity from the DB/YL wire at the fuel pump relay connector to the DB/YL wire at the controller connector cavity #51.
If ok continue...
5)If all checks ok connect a jumper wire to the DB/YL wire at the fuel pump relay and with the key on/engine off touch that wire to a good ground.
If the relays do not actuate....
Be sure no terminals are damaged/spread open,pushed out.
6)If everything checks ok, replace the controller.

·
Registered
127 Posts
try a different hall effect pick-up if you got a spare layn around.most likely that's the problem. no signal, you get no fuel or spark.

·
Registered
127 Posts
the ground for the asd relay is controlled by the sbec.that's how the relay is turned on.that's how it is switched on,through the ground.with the ign on you will get pos voltage,but with no crank signal.the sbec won,t turn on the asd relay.(bad hall effect pick up).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All the checks ok and i try a differente HEP,the continuity check on the the DB/YL at the fuel pump relay is 0047 the Key at off and when i turn the key at on my 0047 is delete .It is probabely the cumputer ,but can i try to run the car with this ground jumpe direct to the batterie or i will burn something . Thanks

·
Administrator
25,297 Posts
Do not try to run the engine with an external ground connected to the DB/YL wire.
You can use an external ground with the key/on/engine off.
This will actaute the fuel pump/ASD relay and bypass the controller.
Ground the DB/YL wire at the fuel pump relay.
With the DB/YL wire grounded you should have power(battery voltage) at the + coil, DG/BK wire at the injector harness and at the fuel pump.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With this ground connected my engine start and seen to run well but before starting it i cut the wire who go to the controller and ground directly my fuel pump relay but i don't know if i run lean or something at 14 psi of boost but my idel is great. I don't know if i got my full power ,when i snap my 1e gear it didn't spin ...my car is heavy ,i gona buy a new EGT guage today to see what happen . Thanks you NAJ

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are some pic of my Spirit setup : Mr2 intercoller ,Reactive Bov ,B&M Line-lock ,new Turbo (te04h) , and a pic of my Jumping Ground on DB/YL .

If someone can tell me the negative effect to run the car with this ground bypassed ,I think it releaf the cut off and the over boost shut down but i not shur Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,297 Posts
There will not be any ill effects as far as driveabilty leaving the ASD grounded other than the ASD will be actuated and stay on as soon as the key is turned to the on position.
If you are going to leave it grounded I would remove the controllers ground and run a new ground inside the car and use a toggle switch so you can turn the ground on/off.
The only other issue would be that you are defeating the purpose of the ASD(Auto Shutdown) and that is that in the case of an accident where the engine stops running but the key is on the fuel system will be shut down to prevent the pump from running and pumping out fuel which would be a fire hazard.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok Thanks Naj , i will certenely place this switch in the car and that wii be fine excuse my late reply but I'am not forgottin you and your good answerd !
I'll allso post a new pic of my new vaccum setup ,
I remov all that is'nt nessery under thew hood
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked at the wiring, it is a simple circuit.

The DB/YL wire comes from the controller cavity #51 to the fuel pump relay and from the fuel pump relay to the ASD relay.

1)The ASD and fuel pump relay are the same part # so they are interchangable, swap the fuel pump relay and see if your problem is corrected.
If no continue...
2)Be sure both power sources are present at both relay's.(RD and DB wires)
If ok continue...
3)Disconnect the fuel pump relay and ASD relay and using an ohmmeter check continuity(a complete circuit) from the DB/YL wire at the ASD connector to the DB/YL wire at the fuel pump relay connector.
Resistance should be 0-5 ohms
If ok continue...
4)Disconnect the fuel pump relay and controller connectors.
Check continuity from the DB/YL wire at the fuel pump relay connector to the DB/YL wire at the controller connector cavity #51.
If ok continue...
5)If all checks ok connect a jumper wire to the DB/YL wire at the fuel pump relay and with the key on/engine off touch that wire to a good ground.
If the relays do not actuate....
Be sure no terminals are damaged/spread open,pushed out.
6)If everything checks ok, replace the controller.

I have a question im sorry the thing is that when im doing this test i have +power to the bl/yl wires instead of negative - unroll i connect a wire from the bat to the two wires is it bad to have +power in them two wires. Thx in advance..

·
Administrator
25,297 Posts
What exactly are you working on and what are you attempting to do?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What exactly are you working on and what are you attempting to do?
Its a 92 spirit n/a. I got it to start by grounding the db/yl wires and I cut them off from the computer im going to doit with a switch like some one said above. But now it turns off afther a coupe of seconds and it doesnt start by the switch i have to jump it at the starter i recently changed the gas pump and filter. Thx for your fast reply...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts