21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
25,297 Posts
What was the original problem?

·
Administrator
25,297 Posts
I am assuming this is a 2.5L TBI and not a 3.0L.
I am also assuming you have a no start issue and do not have spark, fuel or injector power and that is the reason you are attempting to bypass the ASD Relay, It seems that you are also blaming/condemning the engine controller for this issue.

The ASD Relay (Auto Shutdown Relay) is a safety item, it's purpose is to shut down the fuel and ignition supply to the engine incase of an accident where the engine shuts off but the key is still on to prevent a fire.

The engine controller controls the ground side of the pull in coil on the ASD Relay.
The ASD relay will be actuated by the engine controller for 1 second with initial key on to pressurize the fuel rail.
After that the ASD will not be actuated again until the engine controller see's a crank/rpm signal from the HEP (Hall Effect Pickup) in the distributor.
Other things that may/will cause ASD issues are a loss of a power feed to the relay, the engine controller ground circuit is open or a faulty relay.

My suggestion would be to start here and post back.

Post Back With Your Results of the Diagnostics.

PM being sent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am assuming this is a 2.5L TBI and not a 3.0L.
I am also assuming you have a no start issue and do not have spark, fuel or injector power and that is the reason you are attempting to bypass the ASD Relay, It seems that you are also blaming/condemning the engine controller for this issue.

The ASD Relay (Auto Shutdown Relay) is a safety item, it's purpose is to shut down the fuel and ignition supply to the engine incase of an accident where the engine shuts off but the key is still on to prevent a fire.

The engine controller controls the ground side of the pull in coil on the ASD Relay.
The ASD relay will be actuated by the engine controller for 1 second with initial key on to pressurize the fuel rail.
After that the ASD will not be actuated again until the engine controller see's a crank/rpm signal from the HEP (Hall Effect Pickup) in the distributor.
Other things that may/will cause ASD issues are a loss of a power feed to the relay, the engine controller ground circuit is open or a faulty relay.

My suggestion would be to start here and post back.

Post Back With Your Results of the Diagnostics.

PM being sent.
I did have spark just no ground to the ASD and no crank from the ignition switch. The car just stoped working so I started checking for spark and gas. Now its working but still no start from the ignition switch.. Thx for your response you are the best.

·
Administrator
25,297 Posts
By no start do you mean the engine will not crank (nothing happens when you turn the key) or the engine cranks but will not start and run?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts