Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been searching the forums here for a while and I can't seem to find the information I am looking for. I am going to be rebuilding a NA 2.5 out of a 93' Duster for my 94' Shadow. I plan on porting the head and going to carb. but thats not the info I need. I don't know which pistons I should use. Should I use turbo pistons or would that lower my compression too much. I would like to use a piston that will allow me to bore out the motor but if thats not possible, thats cool. Also if I do use turbo pistons how much will I have to mill the block or head to get the compression up to 10:1 so I can still use pump gas. Also what will I have to do to the timing belt since the head or block will be shaved. These are some questions that have been bothering my for a while so I hope you all can help me out. Thanks

Peace,
Dan

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I need to find myself a really good engine builder around where I live. My father has rebuilt quiet a few engines in his day but never an OHC inline 4. He is pretty much an old school V8 guy, and thinks working on any kind of FWD car or anything that isn't old and doesn't have a V8 is a waste of time. But of course it is his fault for me liking these cars when he bought me that 84' Chrysler Laser a while back, which happened to be my first car.

Also I have been looking around the internet and I can't seem to find too many sites that carry 2.2 flat top pistons. Maybe I will try to contact FWDperformance or Forwardmotion and see if they can get them for me. Thanks guys.

Peace,
Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.