Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is, I have a basicly bone stock '86 Dodge Shelby Charger, came with the stock Inline 2.2Lt Turbo, Stock Manuel transaxle, the only mods the old owner made were a Stage 3 control moduel, 803 Injectors, and i installed a 2.5Lt TBI cam after reading a post on this forum a year or two ago, the car is still back home in GA in my garage, i wasn't able to bring it to Idaho with me, so it has just been sitting, but next year i plan to do some major work to it, by the middle of summer i want to be turning numbers with it again.

My question is this, i had heard from a few people that i could go to the T-2 Twin turbo version of the dodge engine that came in the car at one point, if not that engine, what modle engine will fit into the chassie, the car is basicly an '86 Daytona, so i am sure there is a twin turbo that will fit, i am just not sure which one, nor what other major mods would need to be done, if i do get one installed i do plan to swap out the entire fuel delivery system to keep up witht he fuel demand of the turbos, and a few other Mods, I also need to know where (donor car) I might find decent upgrade axles for dragging, and for maybe the occasional street race, I know the stocks wont hold up to the increased Power output, I am fairly new when it comes to turbo cars, i am use to old v-8 drag machines, but when i bought this car, and drove it home the first day, i got addicted, after eating a z06 corvette alive with it Ihad made my mind up that i wanted to build it to be alittle extreme but still an everyday car to show off to friends and go tooling around in, any help you guys can offer would be very welcomed, I also have a '90 grand marq that i am going to totaly redo might put pics up ont he site depending on which way i go, the old twin turbo police interceptor package, or do a blown 5.0.. either way its going to be a wicked looking and bad land yatch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts