Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the bracket for the 3.3/3.8 set-up the same as the 3.0s? If not, does anyone have some pictures of the 3.0 bracket? I snagged a 3.8 equal-length setup with newly rebuilt joints for absolutely dirt cheap, and I'd love to be able to use them on the SC Duster.....someday.

· Registered
1,871 Posts
well, I highly recommend trying to sell them for more than what you paid for them. With all that extra torque, so you really want more areas available for potential failures?

If you're worried about torque steer, then get a set of poly-bushings for the control arms and a strut tower bar and run the unequal length passenger shaft. Less joints to fail. And proven to be stronger than the equal length setup. Not only that, but with good suspension components, torque steer will be abated as well.

· Registered
5,790 Posts
More crap to break. Take a look at what Bansheenut did to his!

I'm running and OBX and therefore any bennefit that set-up may have had with an open diff goes right out the window.

When you get rid of it you get rid of more parts that can break, you get rid of rotating mass, and you get rid of one more thing to put stress on your block. Oh...it also opens up room under the car and makes it easier to work on!

It's a total win situation getting rid of it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.